ADVERTISEMENT

0-10 Texas team qualifies for playoffs

BallCoach17

Varsity All American
Nov 20, 2007
Scarborough HS of Houston was 0-10 and is riding a 57-game losing streak, but qualified for the playoffs. In Texas, the top 4 teams from each district qualify in their classification. Scarborough's district only has 5 teams and one didn't field a football team this year, therefore Scarborough finished 4th and made the playoffs.

And you folks want to complain...LOL.
laugh.r191677.gif

Course, the best part was this gem from their coach:

Scarborough's coach Ajani Sanders, who played college football at Notre Dame, is glad his team is in the playoffs, but some of his players aren't quite sure why.

"They've asked me ... 'Coach, you just got beat 66-6. Why are you so excited?'" Sanders told the Associated Press. "All I want in life is an opportunity. Hey, this week is opportunity No. 11."

3dgrin.r191677.gif

A willing lamb for the other team. I bet they don't even practice for them if they that bad

Stupid, but so are most playoffs this day and time. Half the teams that qualify in SC have no real business qualifying for the playoffs. Yet, everybody wants the gate from the extra games, and coaches support it so you can be mediocre year after year, but wave the banner that we are a playoff team every other year or so. I have no doubt that in the nor too distant future they will include everybody in the playoffs. Not only for the extra few gates, but in today's PC world, all the kids will feel special because they are on a playoff team.

One thing about Texas - they crown a champion for about every 64 teams. Twice the number of schools compete for a single championship than do here.

ADVERTISEMENT