ADVERTISEMENT

1/21

DC Pops

Rookie
Apr 23, 2013
#1 Goose Creek travels to #4 Wando. This should prove to be a very interesting game with early 4A - Region VII implications.

Who you got Lowcountry Hoops fans?

Lowcountry basketball has become very competitive.

Goose Creek escaped with a 2OT win last Friday night at West Ashley and pulled out a close game vs a very good Stratford team earlier in the week.

Wando is a very balanced team. They play good defense and hit the boards. Very streaky shooting team. Goose Creek is an excellent offensive team that will attack and fast break. They also have three players that can hit from the perimeter at will.

Region VII

Goose Creek
Wando
Stratford
West Ashley
Cane Bay

Summerville beat a very good Beaufort team (12-2) by ten to take an early lead in Region VIII

Region VIII

Summerville
Beaufort
Fort D
Ashley Ridge
Colleton County
Bluffton

Hey jcpez1969. What do you know about West Ashley? I know they lost a lot of guys to injury early but seem to be playing much better of late. Do you know if they've started getting some guys back or have the younger guys just started picking it up?

No, I don't know much about West Ashley, except the coach is pretty good at getting his team ready. Goose Creek beat West Ashley by 7 at the Roundball Classic in Dec. I didn't attend that game, so I'm not sure if West Ashley had players coming back from injuries last week that didn't play in the Roundball Classic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT