ADVERTISEMENT

1A / 2A C-Teams out there????

LDT, here in the Low Country, Frosh only type teams are normally referred to as "B" teams. No one I know of in area calls them "C" team. C team from my experience is a middle school aged team somehow attached to the high school program.
B or C or whatever you call it, I do not know of any 1/2A schools fielding a Frosh team.

In the midlands the Freshman Team is called "B-Team". It goes Varsity (high school), Junior Varsity (high school), B Team (usually all Freshmen) and then C-Team (midlle schoolers). Some even flirted with a C-Team (8th graders) and D-Team (7th graders).

I have NEVER heard of a A or AA program having an all-Freshman team(B Team or whatever you want to call it). Usually, numbers are such a problem that most available bodies are used by Varsity and JV only. Sometimes, a A or AA JV team is mostly Frehsmen, but that is because all the Soph, Jrs and Srs are needed for Varsity.

Numerous AAA and most AAAA programs DO have Freshmen teams, though.

Hope this helps.

In the upstate/ Up until THIS 2015 year, which worked very WELL we had the below

Varsity 10, 11,12, very few 9th
JV....10, and some 11th they could dress out and play on Friday with varsity after playing 4 quarters on Thurs nights
C Team....9th grade only may NOT dress for Friday nights
D Team... 7 and 8 graders only.. May NOT PLAY ON older team

NOW for 2015 most smaller teams even 3A have had to disband their C teams(9th only)

ADVERTISEMENT