ADVERTISEMENT

1A title games postponed due to protest

BallCoach17

Varsity All American
Nov 20, 2007
I'm hearing the 1A title games have been postponed because a protest from Barnwell and Allendale-Fairfax against Bamberg-Ehrhardt because B-E has used an ineligible player in games this season.

There was supposed to be a decision yesterday, but no dice.
Still reviewing the case.
It's funny how the same teams that played during the regular season didn't say a word about it then, but bring it up only after another playoff defeat.
This whole ordeal was supposedly brought up at the beginning of the season, and squashed.
And yet, it manages to hold everyone up, again.

The Truth is Barnwell High reported it week 3, and nothing happen. Week 11 an attorney from Barnwell turn in some evidence about the same thing on behalf of Barnwell High. Allendale only envolvement is because their was the last team the played, so if they didn't sign on and Bamberg was to be found guilty then they would still be allow to play. But since they sign on and ( IF ) Bamberg is ruled to have an ineligible play there is a chance that Allendale could play for the State.
This post was edited on 12/2 9:24 AM by Super Tiger #1

When we know something?!?!?

It's been a week.

frown.r191677.gif

I'm assuming after the ruling there may be appeals, then another appeal, etc. Are they going to get this in before the end of 2014?

What about the schools that B-E beat in Round 1 and 2? Don't they have a LEGITIMATE complaint if B-E is ruled ineligible? They might still be playing if they hadn't lost to B-E.

Just saying....

eek.r191677.gif

Here is another thing. Officially, as of right now, Allendale's season is over. Have they been practicing just in case? If they have been, then that is against SCHSL rules as well. If they haven't been practicing, then after a week and a half, they have to go back out and work off the rust.

The "truth" is nothing was done in week 3 because it was supposedly resolved. There was no issue.
Barnwell signed off on it.

Now Allendale has signed on and reignited the cause.
Allendale didn't "have to" sign on to be eligible to replace B-E.

"Article V; Section 3; C. If the team with the ineligible player won the last elimination game prior to the time declared ineligible, the game shall not count and the team with the eligible players shall continue in the elimination."

Looks a lot like Allendale is piggy backing, and re-stoking the flames now that they got beat.

This post was edited on 12/2 2:06 PM by StaffAce3

And Bamberg-Ehrhardt is cleared to play. Much ado about nothing.
For the second time, and second inquiry.

Game is Friday at 7:00, @ Benedict.

So B-E gets to play for title, but had to forfeit a couple of early season games, right?

I haven't seen anything about having to forfeit any games.. but the way the article has it worded, that seems to be the case.

Allendale was set to appeal, again, but that was cancelled a couple hours later.

I still don't get why those with the info sat on it so long, and waited to see if they won or not.
Regardless, B-E and CC tomorrow night.

ADVERTISEMENT