ADVERTISEMENT

2 State Records Broke This Weekend At State Strength Meet

Mar 21, 2016
Overall Squat Record: Young man from Bluffton in the unlimited weight class. Squat max 720 lbs.

Weight Class Squat Record: Young man from Landrum 140 lb weight class. Squat max 405 lbs.

Congrats to these young men and all of the lifters who made it to state whether they won or not. It was a great Saturday watching our athletes show off how hard they work in the weight room. All of the young men there were very respectful and helped each other.

We have great kids here in our state who work hard day in and day out to be the best.

We also have great coaches who take an entire Saturday to bring these kids from all corners of the state for a great opportunity they will never forget.

I still remember when I went to state to compete in weightlifting. I still am indebted to my head coach for waking up that early on his Saturday off to take me.

Congrats athletes.

Another State Record was in the 260lb class - Tyreek Johnson of Lakewood HS broad jumped 116" - almost 10 feet from someone this size is impressive.

THANKS FOR THE ORIGINAL POST, BUT THE ORIGINAL POST ACTUALLY SHORTCHANGED THE KIDS SOMEWHAT.

The Bluffton kid squatted 755. He opened with 715 and blew it out of the water. His opener broke the record.
The Landrum kid squatted 425.

There is a tremendous coorelation between power clean and jumping. The Lakewood kid is one of the best "powercleaners" in the state right now.

I was a coach working the platform where the Landrum kid squatted.

THANKS FOR THE ORIGINAL POST, BUT THE ORIGINAL POST ACTUALLY SHORTCHANGED THE KIDS SOMEWHAT.

The Bluffton kid squatted 755. He opened with 715 and blew it out of the water. His opener broke the record.
The Landrum kid squatted 425.

There is a tremendous coorelation between power clean and jumping. The Lakewood kid is one of the best "powercleaners" in the state right now.

I was a coach working the platform where the Landrum kid squatted.

I apologize for the misinformation. I was repeating what was told to me from other coaches standing around the platforms. I definitely do not want to shortchange what these young men have accomplished. Thank you for the clarification.

ADVERTISEMENT