Five Star Prospect
May 29, 2001
The Finalist have been announced:

Logan Bailey - QB, Chapin High School
Bryan Edwards - WR, Conway High School
Travien Feaster - RB, Spartanburg High School
Collin Hill - QB, Dorman High School
John Simpson - OL, Ft. Dorchester High School

Congrats to these outstanding young men!
:)

Logan Bailey is definately the Underdog in this race.

He is the only Finalist not selected by the Shrine Bowl, the only Finalist without D-I offers and the only Finalist not recognized by most publications as a "Big Time" college recruit.

However, his stats this season, his efforts OFF the football field and his other criteria that the panel uses to judge this event is second to none.

:D

He gets my vote, which unfortunately doesn't mean anything. Tough kid who gives 100% each play and doesn't know the word quit.

I'm certainly not trying to stir a pot I know NOTHING about, but the goupstate board was abuzz with some undefined "incident" surrounding Feaster in the last game that involved a coach or coaches. Again, I have no first hand or even second hand knowledge. There were spectators talking about it on the other board.

They DID lose for the first time, so maybe it was just competitive frustration....

:oops:

Hard to imagine Feaster not winning this award! His performance in each round of last years playoffs and this season along with all the press he gets would make him my lock...

Come on dacoach.. no doubt you are "stirring" the pot. If you claim not to know the details stop stirring and putting speculation out there. Maybe a hidden agenda? Like maybe to give your son an edge?

Hard to imagine Feaster not winning this award! His performance in each round of last years playoffs and this season along with all the press he gets would make him my lock...

How can Feaster win Mr. Football? His numbers just aren't that good.

He doesn't have a lot of rushing yards.
If Feaster was a ball hog, got the ball for 90% of the offensive plays, and took it upon himself to ignore other team mates and hold onto the ball himself (even if his receivers and backs were open)..... he would have gaudy numbers too...

If Feaster was a ball hog, got the ball for 90% of the offensive plays, and took it upon himself to ignore other team mates and hold onto the ball himself (even if his receivers and backs were open)..... he would have gaudy numbers too...
I don't disagree that Feaster would have more eye-popping numbers if he touched the ball more, but your post doesn't make sense since he's not a QB.

Mr. Football is not about potential, it's about performance. Feaster's numbers are not Mr. Football numbers. He doesn't have the best running back numbers in the state (not even close). He doesn't even have the best numbers on his team! IMO he shouldn't be listed as a running back for the Shrine Bowl, but rather as an athlete.

RBall21

You obviously missed his point. He joined 2 weeks ago and has posted four straight negative comments about Bailey. He doesn't care a rat's behind about Feaster. This is personal for him.....

o_O

:D:D:D:D

Reactions: RBall21
RBall21

You obviously missed his point. He joined 2 weeks ago and has posted four straight negative comments about Bailey. He doesn't care a rat's behind about Feaster. This is personal for him.....

o_O

:D:D:D:D
wrong....... Nothing personal at all... I wish all boys the best, including your son... However, it is ridiculous when one (you) list the comments, opinions and rankings that you do. All nominees are super good players.. but when they are ranked, there is no question who should win. Your son a better quarterback or all around player than the others??????... Come on pops.... A good athlete... but.......

JB put it perfectly that the Shrine Bowl selection process may be flawed. I also say that the Mr Football selection is clouded. Listen, football is a team sport. To look at one persons stats is not a good way of selecting "THE Best" football player in a state. If that was the case, a LB, an OL or possibly even a WR would never get selected. It would always be a QB or possibly a RB. If a phenomenal QB or RB had a terrible line and WRs that could not catch a cold and a very challenging schedule... he would probably never win.... But when you look at a QB or RB with a super OL, always gets his number called and a weak schedule and has gaudy stats, does that make it fair to give him the award?

This is nothing against one player, it is stating my opinion on the facts about this award selection. It should go to the BEST HS Football player in SC. Heck I thought the OL from the low country should have won the award last year. It was nothing against the RB that won... but I truly thought the OL man was THE BEST player in SC.

Individual stats work in Golf and singles Tennis when giving awards like this... But in team sports, stats cannot be the only determining factor.

You obviously have your opinion.. and others are allowed to have theirs.... Its a chat room.. No attacks made at all... just opinions

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT