ADVERTISEMENT

5-4A

BallCoach17

Varsity All American
Nov 20, 2007
What does White Knoll have coming back? I think North Augusta had some staff turnover. Lexington seems to have the talent that's coming back. Hearing good things out of South Aiken, just don't think they're quite ready in year 1. River Bluff had staff turnover as well? I know Deer, Garrick, and Armstrong are gone.

What does White Knoll have coming back? I think North Augusta had some staff turnover. Lexington seems to have the talent that's coming back. Hearing good things out of South Aiken, just don't think they're quite ready in year 1. River Bluff had staff turnover as well? I know Deer, Garrick, and Armstrong are gone.
1. Lexington
2. Irmo
3. White Knoll/River Bluff
4. River Bluff/White Knoll
5. North Augusta
6. South Aiken

You really think that North Augusta will finish 5th? Last year seems like an aberration to me, I expect an 8-3 or 9-2 type season out of them this year.

You really think that North Augusta will finish 5th? Last year seems like an aberration to me, I expect an 8-3 or 9-2 type season out of them this year.
They'll have to get a lot better than they've looked in the Spring and Summer. You may be right but I don't see them finishing higher than 4th the way they've looked.

No hitting or getting physical in the spring and summer. They could be a physical team.

Except for the talent that has been lost, I really don't know what last years team has to do with this years team. lf anything last years 10-3 NA team overachieved, and was far from being a deviation from what has been the norm in recent years at NA. This years team has some talent but is very young and will really have to step it up big time to reach 8-3 and prove JB wrong.

Last edited:
They'll have to get a lot better than they've looked in the Spring and Summer. You may be right but I don't see them finishing higher than 4th the way they've looked.
After watching them against Goose Creek yesterday, I am confident in saying that they will finish better than next to last in the region. If the sophomore QB comes around in the pre-region games, they will finish a lot better than next to last.

After watching them against Goose Creek yesterday, I am confident in saying that they will finish better than next to last in the region. If the sophomore QB comes around in the pre-region games, they will finish a lot better than next to last.

Is this the same QB that someone posted last season should have been the varsity starter as a freshman? If so NA is in good shape to win the region. What I saw at the scrimmage is the kid that really looked good at QB was the one who came in second. I think he is one of JB's QB1 guys. He stayed in the pocket under pressure and made his throws. The NA defense was really impressive.

NA's defense should be stout again, it's all going to come down to QB play. I haven't seen the kid play yet, but if he can play as you're describing we should be in good shape

NA's defense should be stout again, it's all going to come down to QB play. I haven't seen the kid play yet, but if he can play as you're describing we should be in good shape
I moved NA up to No. 2 based on what we've seen in scrimmages.

Nicko will probably be your starter at QB. He looks good.

Is this the same QB that someone posted last season should have been the varsity starter as a freshman? If so NA is in good shape to win the region. What I saw at the scrimmage is the kid that really looked good at QB was the one who came in second. I think he is one of JB's QB1 guys. He stayed in the pocket under pressure and made his throws. The NA defense was really impressive.

All you NA fans kill me. Every year yall get on here and talk about how great yall are. Better hope you get Irmo early in the year. Once they figure things out on the line of scrimmage they will be stout.

NA record over last five years 55-14 80% winning record. Irmo record over last five years 31-31 50% winning record. Enough said!

Last edited:
Reactions: na_alum
Last timeNA was the official region champ was 2013. Season before last. Went 12-2 losing to eventual state champ Northwestern (who nobody could have beat )in the semi finals and lost 1 regular season game to Lexington on a fluke reception. SC High School League said NA was region champ. If NA had been on the other side of the bracket that year they would have lost to Northwestern in the final at Williams Brice instead of the semi's. Stratford would have been whipped by NA. I wouldn't start my Okra Strut yet if I were Irmo! Also, one last point about 2013. NA beat both Dutch Fork and Sumter in the regular season. As you may remember Dutch Fork was the Big 16 champ and Sumter was the Big 16 runner up that season.

Incorrect. NA and Lexington were co-region champs in 2013. When did they last win the championship outright?

NA fans always want to talk about their greatness. I sure don't see them winning or contending for a region championship this year!

You are the one who is incorrect. Check with SCHSL. If I'm wrong I stand corrected. NA was region champ in 2013. They have the trophy. If Lex has a region trophy they probably had one made for themselves. If what you say is correct Dutch Fork has as much of a claim to the championship as NA and Lex. All three had one region loss. Based on the point system NA was named the champ by the SCHSL. Dutch Fork beat Lex that season. NA beat Dutch Fork.

One thing is for certain NA has given the whining female dogs from Lexington County all they can handle for several years now.

Anyway, what you say about this year may or may not be true. Sounds like this may be Lexington's big year. We will see.

You are correct. There was a 3 way tie. That is when Dutch Fork was in the region. 3 way tie for 1st. So again I ask when was the last time NA won an outright region championship? It was not 2013.

2013 per SCHSL point system. The last time NA was undefeated in the region was 2010 so the Lexington whiners can't make themselves a trophy for that year.

RBall21 you seem pretty confident about Irmo, yet when was the last time Irmo was even relevant in anything other than Soccer or Basketball. I give it Reggie Kennedy is a good coach, but word on the street has it that he had his britches lit up by the Principal after last season. He could be gone and replaced by the Principals first coach, his former Coach from up in Ohio with another mediocre season!! With you playing Westwood, York, Northwestern, Spring Valley, Dutch Fork, and Lexington before you get to us, you may not even matter again this season!!

Now that North Augusta appears to have someone that has experience under center in Neko Williams, the Jackets will not be forced to rush the education of young Landon Washington. Washington will gain plenty of snaps this season much like Trib Reese did a few years ago. But with the new SCHSL rules placing him under center gradually allows for him to gain confidence and experience at a controlled pace. This kid could be special, and with NA staying in AAAA next couple years and the talent coming up with him a run for the State Championship is a real possibility not a dream. The sophomores and juniors coming up are bigger and faster than the current senior group. With experience they gain this year, they will become very dangerous in the future. This I promise you!! So RBall21 you enjoy AAAAA where you will continue to live in the cellar until major changes happen!! You may have to resurrect "Irmo Joe Turbeville" for that to happen too!! LOL

I'm not an Irmo fan. Watched them in 7 on 7 and watched NA as well. Irmo's skilled players far superior to NA.

Reactions: IrmoDAD35
I watched North Augusta in 7 on 7 and based on that I would have agreed. However they didn't have Neko at the time either and that completely changed the picture to the equation. I have seen NA in scrimmage also and they are now a totally different team. They are playing with more confidence and inspiration. Amazing sometimes how one player's confidence and attitude can sometimes make the difference between victory and defeat.

mathetes has it right. NA is very young but a lot of talent and size in the junior and sophomore class. They are going to be a force to reckon with after the realignment. Neko is a great athlete and will make some noise this year at QB. He is a very good baseball player ( catcher ) and if not mistaken was playing baseball this summer on a nationally prominent showcase team instead of doing the 7 on 7 thing. Smart move on his part. One thing about 7 on 7 you may have a ton of talent at the skill positions, but if you don't have an o-line you will struggle.

ADVERTISEMENT