ADVERTISEMENT

AR vs Byrnes

background

Two Year Starter
Feb 18, 2007
Heard AR had 2 key players suspended for game 1 due to arrest associated with senior pranks. Any truth to this? If so will they play in game 2? Would be a shame to get this far and be without 2 starters for the biggest games of the year. Please don't use names as they are still high schoolers. Senior pranks were not around when I was in high school. Pretty senseless reason to miss out on a once in a lifetime event if it's true. Sucks for the others on the team. Anyone heard this? Hope it's just a hoax but I think it's true

I just found out about this today when I was trying to find out if game two was still on for tonight at AR. That prompted me to make another phone call to confirm and yes it is true. I do not know the players names, just that it was two starting infielders, and they were caught trying a school prank in the lobby/office area. I hate it for the rest of their teammates that they let down. You play all through little league and travel ball etc to try and get in this position (one that few actually reach) and completely forget about your teammates and what the consequences could be. I applaud the school and coach for not letting them back to play, but feel terrible for the rest of the team. I don't think what they did was all that terrible but a mistake none the less. I'll still head over and watch tomorrow at 3 for some day baseball, but this news alone make the odds seem long for AR. There "scrappy" and "tough" I have been raving about will be put to the test now. Good Luck.

So if this was just a prank and not all that terrible what was it that got them suspended from playing?

Originally posted by 2seamspin:
So if this was just a prank and not all that terrible what was it that got them suspended from playing?

Breaking and entering is a felony

Swamp Foxes have rough start to week
Published Friday, May 18, 2012 8:33 AM
By Roger Lee
Summerville Journal Scene ®

The Ashley Ridge baseball team entered this week eyeing a state championship, but quickly ran into obstacles.

The Swamp Foxes had a ton of momentum built up as they carried the Lower State championship and a 29-1 record into this week’s Class AAAA baseball championship series. However, Sunday night two of the team’s starters were arrested for trespassing.

A Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office report shows the two teenagers were arrested after what seems to be a prank at the high school. A third teen whose name is not listed on the Ashley Ridge baseball roster was also arrested.

School and Dorchester District Two officials said they are not allowed to comment on any disciplinary action taken against students, so rumors circulating that the players were suspended from school activities have neither been confirmed nor disputed.

Neither of the players arrested participated in Monday’s game at Byrnes, the first in a best-of-three series to determine the 2012 state championship. Ashley Ridge lost the game by a 2-0 margin.

Byrnes improved to 22-3 as their ace pitched a four-hitter, fanning 13 Ashley Ridge batters. Austin Livingston suffered the loss, his first of the year. Senior Bryan Dye had two of the Swamp Fox hits.

The series is scheduled to continue with a second game at Ashley Ridge Saturday at 3 p.m. If the Swamp Foxes win, the teams will play for all the marbles at a neutral site and date yet to be determined.

At approximately 10:35 p.m. on May 13 Sheriff Deputies responded to a report of a possible burglary in progress at Ashley Ridge High School. When they arrived a representative of the school district told them an alarm company had reason to believe there were people in the front office area.

Subjects were spotted inside the school and fled when they noticed the deputies outside. The deputies pursued the subjects through the school and parking lot until the subjects went into the woods behind the baseball and softball fields.

After a while the subjects came out of the wood line and were questioned. According to the report, one of them admitted to helping prop open a door that day so they could get into the school that evening after school functions were done.

Deputies report all of the furniture and a rug from the front office had been moved to the hallway and several Styrofoam cups filled with water had been placed across the office floor. Trashcans in some of the bathrooms had also been filled with water.

Contact Roger Lee @ 873-9424 ext. 213 or rlee@journalscene.com

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT