ADVERTISEMENT

Boiling Springs @ Clover

Credit? A drum line in the outfield? That's not a "great atmosphere" that's a distraction tactic by the clover fans. Also very shady to be allowed. No artificial noise makers are allowed per the SCHSL and those are considered artificial noise makers.

Put your best 9 on the field with the best 9 from BS and let the best team win.

Reactions: Benched_Coach
Been watching Clover 3 years now. Never seen dirty plays.
Example?

Tried to tell yall 3 wk ago region 3 is legit & full of ridiculous pitching.

Reactions: softball-4
Have never had the opportunity to watch a game at Clover. However, I have watched a state championship game played at BS. To this day, I wish every young lady that ever laced up her spikes had the opportunity to play in that environment. Win or lose, it is an awesome experience!
I am NOT onboard with singling out players or trying to distract teams "during" play. Between pitches, innings etc, get as LOUD as you want and support the players in a positive manner!

Noisemakers were being used by both sides. Fans right beside the dugout(less than 80 feet from pitcher) on BS side had water bottles filled with rocks. Clover's drum line was over 200 feet from the pitcher and one can argue that a drum beat is not so much "noise" as music. The same cannot be said about rocks beating against plastic. Both teams played great games and its a shame that this story is taking away from all of that.

Seems to be some bantering about the use of noise makers, bands etc. Can anyone point me to the specific rule or post it here? This is what I found and it is ONLY in the Basketball section of the SCHSL rule book.
The principal of the host school will prohibit the use of loud noisemakers, i.e. cowbell, air
horns, radios and musical instruments. The tournament director will forbid noisemakers
during tournament play.
Under the playoff section - Bands, musical instruments, radios, tape players, cowbells, air horns, megaphones (other than those used by cheerleaders) or other offensive noisemakers will not be permitted. Signs, banners or flags will not be permitted.

Last edited:
yet all of the above were permitted by the clover administration.... they are pretty classy folks.

Some unmentioned posters above need to learn how to take a loss and stop making excuses for why BS lost. The drums and noise were present during both top and bottoms of all innings and even if the game was held at BS the atmosphere would have been the same if not worse. I have been at their field to witness BS students swearing and yelling nasty comments at players on the field from the same location as Clovers. That doesn't take away from the fact that BS got outplayed in every aspect of the game. Just accept your loss and tip your hat to the other team and stop whining. I lost a lot of respect for BS yesterday after witnessing some parents cussing at a clover players grandma and confronting clover students after the game. It's ironic that adults get upset over kids behavior yet exhibit the same type. Accept your loss because no one likes a sore loser.

Last edited:
you are a liar. BS administration has removed kids from the fence during playoff games if ask to do so by the umpire. I have seen it happen more than once

now I have no defense for the video that I seen on twitter. That lady showed very little class. Cussing a teenager was way overboard. The difference in me and most of you is that 90% of the people on here know who I am. I have never hid behind my typed statements because I frankly don't give a shit what anyone thinks or what I have to say. I call a spade a spade period.

Clover being allowed to do some of the stuff that they did was not cool, especially making a poster of one of their players. that was horse crap and neither was the few boiling springs parent acting like morons.

I know for a fact that two years ago in a playoff game the field was lined with trucks filled with boys saying vulgar things to players without anyone saying anything to them. It's part of having to go to someone's field, there's gonna be rude fans no matter where you go, much like there were rude fans that traveled there yesterday. I haven't been to BS since then but I know they weren't removed then.

I'm not saying that the poster of the BS player wasn't "Horse crap" but it was put away and the coaches have better things to do than worry about some random student making a sign as a joke. You can't point fingers at anyone when your fans are just as guilty as being rude, obnoxious, and out of line at times as others.

BS can beat Wancheck tomorrow and Edmunds twice on Friday to end this controversy. It's all on their backs. Many of the BS players have a championship ring so they know what it takes. Good luck to the winner of the Upper State. Bring home another one.

It's weird how BS is the only school complaining about Clover's fanbase. Some of the players from a team who lost there recently have agreed to come watch the game Friday with the student section. Even Fort Mill's coach commended the atmosphere, but I guess he only enjoyed it because he coaches in the weak Region 3.

The video needs to be on here. funny stuff

Reactions: Scalp Hunter
That poster was not "put away" that kids dad went and took the poster from the idiots and tore it up

ADVERTISEMENT