ADVERTISEMENT

Brookland-Cayce Spring Practice

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
Stopped by BCHS and got a look at the Bearcats; again, difficult to tell anything this early but one thing that I do know is that they probably have the best set of running backs in the Midlands. Charles Balkom at the "super back" spot, along with the kids they have at the A-back/wing positions are going to be tough. There is no doubt that this is the strength of their team.

The quarterback position is serviceable but they will not beat anyone from this spot. Kozie Brown gives them experience and if he protects the ball and manages the offense, they will be fine. Back up Thomas Scott looks like a solid player and more athletic but will more than likely be a primary WR target for the Bearcats.

They lost a lot on defense but they do have two studs coming back. Rising junior Octavious "Tay" Pringle up front and linebacker Keyshawn James are both very physical players. Pringle will be demand two blockers to keep him out of backfields.

The secondary has Dominick Byars returning. This kid, in his first year of playing football last year, had 8 interceptions. Very athletic.

They have Coach Jerry Brown helping out this year, which will help them. I like this because my son starts there this year and will be soaking up like a sponge whatever Coach Brown will teach him. Kemper Amick is also on staff for the second year heading up the defense, which is a huge plus.

BC new running back coach. :) Sorry for the shameless plug for my kid; proud of all of my boys.
1686123.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: red raider alum
No fault there JB.... ALL Fathers want the very best for their sons. We are ALL proud of them and try to help them in EVERYWAY we can...

;)

How come this bunch can't seem to make the playoffs. Started off like gang busters the last 2 years, only to fizzle out both times.

How come this bunch can't seem to make the playoffs. Started off like gang busters the last 2 years, only to fizzle out both times.

I believe it had to do with the remnants of some bad attitudes. Charpia tried to ride it out knowing some of those players would be graduating. I think the group he has right now is pretty good in terms of the attitude.

He's got a pretty good coaching staff now and hopefully that will make a difference, too.

Baby steps. They finally beat their arch rival Airport after 9 years in 2013. Last year they beat us twice. Now they need to make the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT