ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Duals

Mar 31, 2017
I read Trent's comments on another thread about getting several messages about different topics. I'm guilty of emailing him about the Cadet Duals team. There are so many opportunities that week for wrestlers from Jeff Jordan camp to Disney Duals to Cadet Duals. I'm making this thread to see how much interest there is for the Cadet team. I don't want kids to miss out on other opportunities if the Cadet team doesn't come together. Trent is working contacts on his side. Figured I'd post here to see if there is any interest.

Any wrestlers planning on Cadet Duals?

Reactions: CavemanMMA
This is my Biggest frustration with SCUSAW. The last minute approach to anything. First we should be sending a Schoolboy, Cadet, and Junior team or at least putting the effort in to put together/sending a team.

In order to accomplish this, SCUSAW needs to start laying the ground work/organizing the efforts months before now. Contacting coaches, speaking to wrestlers, getting the info out there.

It's a shame if Disney Duals is on the same date, but Jeff Jordan has Camps running all summer long, so I would certainly pursue Cadet Duals if I could.

Which local school is that? I know he runs his camp 6/11-6/15 at his facility, so just curious if Jeff Jordan is coming down himself, or does he send some of his assistants to the out of state camps.

Sorry for the confusion. There is a local high school we can go to Jeff Jordan camp with on the dates you mention

Sorry bud.... I should have put 2 and 2 together. My kid is going to JJ camp this year. I've heard nothing but great thing about that camp. That and the Purler Dream Season Camp seemed to be the most recommended from people I talk to.

Reactions: Jasonwilkins
Sbutler did you just volunteer to recruit them? Haha...how about this, you tell me who you want on it who you truly believe the best team in tge state is or would be and ill call them. Unfortunately ill probably just get told that i should never be around anyones kids nor should i coach them haha. I talked to as many as i could at nhsca about fargo and believe i sparked some interest but its hard. The state tournament fr/gr should be qualifier for both

Sbutler did you just volunteer to recruit them? Haha...how about this, you tell me who you want on it who you truly believe the best team in tge state is or would be and ill call them. Unfortunately ill probably just get told that i should never be around anyones kids nor should i coach them haha. I talked to as many as i could at nhsca about fargo and believe i sparked some interest but its hard. The state tournament fr/gr should be qualifier for both

Great thread going here and you try to antagonize someone to screw with it. Why? Can't you just go with the flow and help create solutions instead to adding to your post's what other's say about you? Stop fueling the fire and try to remember it's not about you, it's about our youth wrestling in SC. You have caused more controversy on here than I have and you are an actual coach. Cut out your childish shit and be the adult and coach you are suppose to be. By the way you are right, who wants their kid around someone that keeps the crap going?

I think the point SBulter is making is that, when planning a kids summer schedule with the myriad of camps, tournaments, dual teams, and personal family time it would beneficial to have a constructed and communicative plan from leadership with regards to scheduling, dates, contacts, and funding a bit earlier than 45 days prior to the event (for this Cadet Duals example). Having a strategic, methodical, and well-thought out plan with regards to the marketing of such events, and all events, would be the first (and most important step) to increasing participation and buy-in.

In my view, and based on the turnout I see on TrackWrestling, the idea of using the SCUSW State Tournament as the qualifier for Fargo, Junior Duals, etc. is basically a pipe dream. Something so pie-the-sky that it's almost not worth talking about. Culture changes incrementally. Sweeping reforms in the state consciousness with regards to FR/GR and the importance of the USA national tournaments (and make no mistake, they are the biggest and best showcase for talent and recruiting) is not something that is going to happen overnight but can happen over 2,3,4 seasons given a concrete plan with actionable (and attainable) goals.

I think the point SBulter is making is that, when planning a kids summer schedule with the myriad of camps, tournaments, dual teams, and personal family time it would beneficial to have a constructed and communicative plan from leadership with regards to scheduling, dates, contacts, and funding a bit earlier than 45 days prior to the event (for this Cadet Duals example). Having a strategic, methodical, and well-thought out plan with regards to the marketing of such events, and all events, would be the first (and most important step) to increasing participation and buy-in.

In my view, and based on the turnout I see on TrackWrestling, the idea of using the SCUSW State Tournament as the qualifier for Fargo, Junior Duals, etc. is basically a pipe dream. Something so pie-the-sky that it's almost not worth talking about. Culture changes incrementally. Sweeping reforms in the state consciousness with regards to FR/GR and the importance of the USA national tournaments (and make no mistake, they are the biggest and best showcase for talent and recruiting) is not something that is going to happen overnight but can happen over 2,3,4 seasons given a concrete plan with actionable (and attainable) goals.

If this young man had the time, he is the kind of person we need to be the face of SC wrestling. Intelligent, well thought out discussion and ideas all the time. What do you say, Parterre, you ready?

TBowe

Use that USA wrestling table at the high school state championships as a sign up for Cadet/Junior teams. If nobody signs up, at least we know.
We talked to one of the guys associated with team NC and he said their Cadet team had wrestle offs and the team is set.

Reactions: BuckkillerSC
Yes..... I couldn't have said it any better then ParTerre......And yes.....I believe he would be the perfect guy to take on a leadership role at SCUSAW.

Recruiting, forming these teams needs to start during folkstyle season. Funding is always a major concern, so getting that information to parents early, along with opportunities for fundraising to reduce out of pocket expenses for kids/parents, is critical.

I would love for my son to wrestle Schoolboy Duals, but there is nothing from USAW leadership. It's as if they feel like putting a schedule together and getting tournaments registered on Trackwrestling is all that needs to take place.

I mean no disrespect or to sound unappreciative, but I think it's about time for those guys who are the Senior Leadership at SCUSAW/been hunkered down there for a while, to hand the ball off to guys like ParTerre. Let's get some youth in the organization, some guys with the vision and drive to get us headed in the right direction.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT