On Saturday, the Women's Softball Club hosted the 2015 South
Atlantic Regional Playoff Series at Nettles Park. The series was
double-elimination between teams from UNCC, Univ. of Florida, Univ. of Georgia
and Clemson. The Clemson team made it to the winners' bracket by defeating
Georgia in their first game. They defeated Florida (last year's College World
Series Winners) to make it to the Championship Round. In the Championship Round
our women lost the first game to Florida (who defeated Georgia to earn a spot
in the round) and won the second!! This earned Clemson the 2015 Trophy for the
South Atlantic Regional (with three wins over the SEC).

In winning the Regional, our team has received one of the 16
spots to play in
The World Series on May 15-17
in Columbus, Georgia
!! They will enter the series ranked
among the top 7 schools in the country for winning the tournament this
Saturday.

Their coach, Erik Muir (from Simpsonville, a volunteer
coach), and myself (their faculty advisor) could not be happier or prouder for
this hard working group of young women. Further, they did this mostly on their
own, in only the third year of organizing the team!

This post was edited on 4/20 9:19 AM by ClemsonSoftball

I really wish Clemson would start a team. I know the prior AD had been approached about it. They are missing out on a sport that would get plenty of support. Congrats to your ladies!

Did you really just post that Clemson had 3 softball wins over the SEC? Those club teams at Florida and Georgia are basically their intramural championship teams.

These kids showed up at The Elite team scrimmages 2 weeks ago. Very solid product. Have 2-3 kids who could play ncaa ball. Not at all intramural level (not beating a real sec team either). Catcher has d1 talent. Had one P pound the zone
Upper 50s and 2-3 pitches.

Gotta love girls who threaten teammates saying "no hit = no margarita"

The MVP of the north south all star game , few years back , is a nursing school student at Clemson. 3-4th year , don't know if she plays on this team.
I suppose this is a difficult decision for many girls , take a few thousand dollars scholarship money, or less vs. move on with your life , and Pursue academics . But good to know you can play decent level fastpitch softball , at a good school like Clemson , if you want/miss it .

My Daughter had 3 offers (non D1/D2) but offers to play in college. Upon being accepted into the Clemson Nursing program elected to attend Clemson. It is a hard choice for a lot of these young athletes

My Daughter had 3 offers (non D1/D2) but offers to play in college. Upon being accepted into the Clemson Nursing program elected to attend Clemson. It is a hard choice for a lot of these young athletes
I know several others that made that decision. I cant fault anyone for going that route.

It is called life. You have to choose what road to take and a lot of the time good athlete's can't play sports in college because of their degree.As far as Clemson softball, this post shouldn't even be on this page. Clemson chose to go the cheaper easier route and not have a real softball team. You are still a club ball, weekend playing, beer drinking team. Nothing wrong with that, just leave your what if's out of the conversations.

Reactions: lovetocatch16
It is called life. You have to choose what road to take and a lot of the time good athlete's can't play sports in college because of their degree.As far as Clemson softball, this post shouldn't even be on this page. Clemson chose to go the cheaper easier route and not have a real softball team. You are still a club ball, weekend playing, beer drinking team. Nothing wrong with that, just leave your what if's out of the conversations.
Again that is why I said I fault anyone for choosing that route because it is life. My own daughter faced a "its life" decision going to a school that made sense and not her dream school. As far as Clemson softball post I am glad they put it up and that is coming from a USC fan. I do hope Clemson starts a program one day. Duke will have one soon and its past time for Miami and Clemson to have one.

I'm a Clemson fan, but, there's no committment from the Clemson Administation to make this happen. Very disappointing!!! It seems almost every other ACC school can find a way to make it work economically, but, Clemson can't. Honestly, I just don't get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT