ADVERTISEMENT

Clover - reg 3 - state 4A champs

How about a few more details. Score, names, something as this poster wants to write a story, but am unable with no facts. I always do good stories? It will be a good story ... It is what I do!

Last edited:
Game went back and forth through the first 3.5 innings, runners left on base by both teams. DP Katie Robinson led off the bottom of the 4th(clover won coin toss and home field advantage) with a double to right center. RF Missy Mavrogian followed with a single to put runners at the corners with no outs. A couple batters later, Shania Dominigue got an infield single to load the bases. 1B Hannah Curtis then hit a towering shot towards the left centerfield fence which hit the red line on the top but was ruled a double, to score the games first 2 runs. CF Micah Sherwood sacrificed in another run to put Clover up 3-0 after 4. More back and forth in the 5th, both defenses being very stingy at this point. Summerville catcher Taylor Belfiore, one of the best in the state for her position, doubled into left(her 2nd two-bagger of the game) to start off the 6th. Furman commit SS Sarah Windham doubled right after and scored Belfiore to put the Green Wave on the board. Clover pitcher Elizabeth Edmunds tightened the screws and got out of the inning without allowing another hit or run. Nothing doing in the Clover 6th gave Summerville one last shot. Edmunds got a groundball out, a line drive to SS Marisa Harkey(Furman) and a ground out to 2B Blake Wallert(Winthrop) to seal the win and title for Clover.

If you need anymore info, go to heraldonline.com for the full story.

Gamechanger.com

As a neutral observer I'd like to compliment both teams on an exciting well played game . I don't know anyone affiliated with either team . Live fairly close to Beckham Field and decided on the spur of the moment to attend and glad I did . It was a fun game . Some good hits and great defensive plays by both teams .

I would like to thank the staff at the field for great hospitality! They were excellent hosts!

And just for the record, the ball has to clear the fence to be a home run . The red line at the top is just to make it a little easier to see if the ball hit the fence or a post or something behind the fence .

And just for the record, the ball has to clear the fence to be a home run . The red line at the top is just to make it a little easier to see if the ball hit the fence or a post or something behind the fence .

I'm not trying to start an argument over a call that ultimately had no bearing on the outcome of the game. From my view, it looked like the ball hit the top part of the wall and bounced off of the netting. I think if the netting weren't there, the ball would've bounced over. Just my opinion, still a great game played by both sides, not the last you'll be hearing from either team.

That's certainly possible . It definitely bounced funny . I wish they had been able to install the net a couple feet further back . I think it's too close to the fence .

ADVERTISEMENT