ADVERTISEMENT

Clover takes game 2

GS194 ...

Could your please describe the atmosphere. How was the Center Fielder treated? was she treated with respect throughout the whole game? was she targeted?

That is what the rest of this SC State wants to hear.

Let me know your opinion. Generic will do as the folks who read this are very smart, and can figure it out.

The Summerville Green Wave are first class through and through.

GS194 ...

Could your please describe the atmosphere. How was the Center Fielder treated? was she treated with respect throughout the whole game? was she targeted?

Let me know your opinion. Generic will do as the folks who read this are very smart, and can figure it out.

Went t game and saw firsthand the crowd. Seem to be a school support group of students. Little loud at times. But heard nor saw anything out of line by either team. Class act game both sides.

Reactions: ThatDudeEER
Thank you greenwavedoc.

I sincerely appreciate it. So glad to hear. If you look for the positives in life, and the people near expect the same, it can become so.

Clover is a top shelf team. So is Summerville. Let the best team win.

Thank you greenwavedoc.

I sincerely appreciate it. So glad to hear. If you look for the positives in life, and the people near expect the same, it can become so.

Clover is a top shelf team. So is Summerville. Let the best team win.

As always, BS100, you are a lover of the game first and foremost. You have such a passion for relaying every detail of the games. I enjoy reading them and feeling the excitement you felt as if I were there. Kudos to you sir.

Little ole region 3 AAAA.

Shucks

We just hope our buses crank and lights work. Right rebelyell?

I'm pretty sure if everything works out, the Blue Eagles will buy that man dinner. He's given them a lot of bulletin board material in the playoffs.

Tcollie loves pointing out the fact that Fort Mill beat Clover twice in the season, region 3 was nuts this year. A lot of talent coming from the area, it's a shame the all state voters didn't feel as strongly.

Reactions: softballfan111
Tcollie loves pointing out the fact that Fort Mill beat Clover twice in the season, region 3 was nuts this year. A lot of talent coming from the area, it's a shame the all state voters didn't feel as strongly.

What I meant was, Tcollie has every right to brag on Fort Mill. To beat a team twice who is playing for a state title is something to be proud of, hats off to Fort Mill.

The All State Team is always a balanced selection. Difficult to get one player on your team selected. Nearly impossible to get more than two players per team selected. It is how the system is and rarely places one region ahead of another regardless of the outcome on the field.

Plus, I think much of the selection is done before getting deep into the playoffs.

GS194 ...

Last edited:
What difference does it make if the fans are rowdy, or as some here will say "respectful". Fans are part of sports including how they act.
The culture that needs changing is that of mom & dad always having to swoop in and save DD or make excuses for why they win or lose. Crap just gets old. My generation we were taught to push thru those situations...you know, to toughen up.
Now it's poor DD is upset what can I do to make her feel better? How can I pave the way (remove obstacles) for her success? Sometimes the best thing to do is let them handle the situation. That's how they learn. We can't prevent harsh language and rowdy fans.
Some of what I've seen ain't all that bad. It's annoying as all get out, and even worse when it's your team getting the beat down.

Reactions: Rookies#4
BS, no intent to offend; but knew it might. As you know, my comments are normally positive. You have read my post, it is now gone. However, I think all programs have parents/fans who show up who are at times disrespectful. Does not mean that it is not a great program with classy people throughout. We all must have the realization that we/our team/our program too have some shortcomings. I have walked away from the ball field from both sides of the fence and wished I had handled situations differently. I know a lot of great people who live up your way, stood with BS fans that I have known for decades the last time I was up that way.

Back to your original question; still don't know how the CF was treated. I do know she is a great kid, tremendous athlete and would not hesitate to "return in kind" or bring it to the coach's attention if she were being disrespected. Moving on....

What difference does it make if the fans are rowdy, or as some here will say "respectful". Fans are part of sports including how they act.
The culture that needs changing is that of mom & dad always having to swoop in and save DD or make excuses for why they win or lose. Crap just gets old. My generation we were taught to push thru those situations...you know, to toughen up.
Now it's poor DD is upset what can I do to make her feel better? How can I pave the way (remove obstacles) for her success? Sometimes the best thing to do is let them handle the situation. That's how they learn. We can't prevent harsh language and rowdy fans.
Some of what I've seen ain't all that bad. It's annoying as all get out, and even worse when it's your team getting the beat down.
“Uncoachable kids become unemployable adults. Let your kid get used to somebody being tough on them! That's life, get over it." (Alabama Coach Patrick Murphy).

You weren't talking about coaching there but I love the quote. I think it all ties in. If you are a coach you need to advise players how to handle the things you see and hear in playoff softball. That doesn't make any of it right but those things are part of the game. I have been to many of the softball powers in this state during playoff times and NO school is above reproach on this. Including the ones that think their fans are squeaky clean! I get calls during playoffs about particular teams and one of the things I always cover is what the noise level is like and occasionally have to warn them about coaches that play head games with the opposing fans and players. Its all part of playoff softball and it isn't going away anytime soon.

Reactions: Benched_Coach
Thank you GS194.

There is a line somewhere when it comes to sportsmanship. I have crossed it myself, gotten sick about it for days, and have vowed to do better.

That is what this discussion is about. About everyone has gotten emotional, and crossed the sportsmanship line. It is the ones who cross this line, think nothing about it, brag about it and fully intend to do it again. Until someone else makes them stop.

I also agree with NAJackets take on it. The players should and must overcome this on the playing field. There are other powers and avenues to mitigate this. It is not always a bad thing to have to perform amongst idiotic behavior around you. For in life, it happens all the time. The sooner it is learned to rise above, the better your life will be in the long run. Softball or no softball.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT