ADVERTISEMENT

CoEd wrestling teams

Is this a REALISTIC possible for SC?

• No Way in Hell, It will never work in this state.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I tend to hate duals .I feel that it restricts the numbers of wrestlers that can compete in a given day. That said this has as good a niche as any . Getting the line ups will be a challenge.

I think the growth and possible survival of the sport may just depend on girls wrestling; that said, I would rather see an independent season for girls - maybe in the fall - where they wrestle freestyle like they do in college.

It's a start to get more girls involved. Eventually I'd like to see an all-female season and teams, or get SC's wrestling clubs involved to field area/region girls teams. Even if the numbers don't support fielding a girls dual team, we can do tournaments and keep tournament scoring. Keep it freestyle too- that's what they do in college.

That being said, Robert Delgado has been doing an excellent job promoting girls wrestling in SC. Any coaches or parents with girls need to get in touch with him if they haven't already. There are a lot of opportunities out there.

Here is a concept that is being used in NYC and might help us in SC. Girls and Guys on the same team but the guys wrestle guys and the girls wrestle girls and the points from both goes to the over all team score in the dual meets. I am interested to see what the rest of you have to think? Check out the link below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/04/n...nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0

I think this is a good thing but I have agree with Darth Vomitus.

Fall season for the girls would not only give them the opportunity to compete it will also give undivided attention to the girls and therefore increase the technique and speed up the progress of the product put on the mat. The fall in SC would work great there is only girls tennis golf and Volleyball and Cross Country to compete with.

I think this is a good thing but I have agree with Darth Vomitus.

Fall season for the girls would not only give them the opportunity to compete it will also give undivided attention to the girls and therefore increase the technique and speed up the progress of the product put on the mat. The fall in SC would work great there is only girls tennis golf and Volleyball and Cross Country to compete with.

don't forget swimming and competition cheer. not saying it would take away from those just don't forget em haha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT