ADVERTISEMENT

Dorman at Lexington

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
57a62891af486-JALEN%20FOWLER.jpg

Took in the scrimmage this morning and it was freaking HOT out there!

Dorman looks exactly like I thought they would; strong in skills, and near flawless in execution in the trenches. They ran roughshod over Lexington. The Wildcats were not on their game today, found out yesterday they will be without their top athlete this season but more than anything just could not tackle very well.

Dorman's Jalen Fowler looked good at quarterback. He's got some things to work on like speeding up his release a little but he's got some good weapons to work with. I thought the Cavs ran the ball extremely well. The WRs weren't bad and their short passing game was lethal because of the Wildcats inability to tackle.

Defensively the Cavs looked strong at linebacker and in the secondary but I think Lexington made them look a little better than they are.

I still stand by my preseason pick as Dorman as one of the top two favorites for that region 2 crown. Those guys looked like they were in mid-season form. Very impressive.

Lexington has some work to do. They need a playmaker at WR now that they've lost Wells for the season. The questions will be who steps up. They've got two rising juniors that I like a lot - both blue collar work ethic kids. They have a rising senior that SHOULD be the go to guy but he's probably not worked like he needed to this Summer and it showed - letting the ball get to his body, dropping the can-a-corn passes.

Defensively, the defensive front is strong but overall the fundamentals in tackling were horrible with the linebackers and defensive backs. No. 10 is a stud but he can't be all over the field.

That said, I think the Wildcats get this worked out and someone will step up and fill the void left by Wells being gone. I still say they are a favorite for Region 5, along with DF and Bllythewood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT