ADVERTISEMENT

fort dorchester 46 summerville 23

fortdgrad00

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2015
im happy we started out the gates strong, im not one to complain about officiating but my goodness when we went up 20-0 in the 1st it seem the refs were trying their best to help summerville as usual. seem we had holding on every play. we had our wrs grabbed and pulled while ball is in the air no call, summerville guy throw a punch flag was thrown but put away, they were only flagged for fasemask only not the dead ball personal foul, and no ejection. summerville guy taunts on our sideline no call, we got flag for that though. our player got hit late out of bounds on our sideline, no call yet their guy was still in play got hit and we got flagged. reply shows proof of that. we had a td call back for illegal shift but several times wave had 2 men in motion no call. we had a phantom block in the back guy did nor touch him he pulled up. again replay show proof of that. its annoying when we play summerville ( anywhere) we endure that also when we play at Stratford and sometimes at wando that officiating is shakey at best. let the kids decide the game. anyway with the help wave still got blowm out with out officiating help score easily could have been worse. wave need a new OC, and need to develope the qb. they do have solid wrs

Watched it online at work.we got away with 3 .buncha missed calls everywhere typical friday night in a hs game.with our oc not using the recievers we aint hard to beat.except berkley.a lot of medeocre football be played in the area
Has led to a false sense for some of us.i knew the deal after game 2 of season.qb either cannot pass or the oc is inept no passes across middle all season.two great recievers very good rbs.line is ok.we dont tackle well.or cover well.
54 seconds to go in half we hold it end the half.absolutely no fight no heart .gave up.i dont mind getting beat by a better team as fort is.but we gave up.
Fight till the end period.that giving upcrap spreads like cancer.we will have teams in the playoffs that have no buisness being there from our region.

http://thecube.com/e/665314 #cube

Last edited:
Reactions: mrfootball4life
I can't disagree with any of that. The truth is the QB cannot throw and the OC is inept! I have said since before the season started that we were going to be below average at QB. Not attacking the kid, just talking football. Even in our wins our offense has been terrible. One thing I don't know is who our backup QB is, but it may be time to give him a shot. Half way thru the 1st qtr last night I was worried we weren't going to complete a pass! Passes not even coming close. Fort D is a really good team and my hat goes off to them. Their coaches have done a great job this season!

i saw that. most passes were overthrown or bounced to the wrs. wave cant cover either but also fort has one of the best wr corps in the state ranking up there with northwestern. wave qb fits more in wing t type offense.

Reactions: mrfootball4life
im happy we started out the gates strong, im not one to complain about officiating but my goodness when we went up 20-0 in the 1st it seem the refs were trying their best to help summerville as usual. seem we had holding on every play. we had our wrs grabbed and pulled while ball is in the air no call, summerville guy throw a punch flag was thrown but put away, they were only flagged for fasemask only not the dead ball personal foul, and no ejection. summerville guy taunts on our sideline no call, we got flag for that though. our player got hit late out of bounds on our sideline, no call yet their guy was still in play got hit and we got flagged. reply shows proof of that. we had a td call back for illegal shift but several times wave had 2 men in motion no call. we had a phantom block in the back guy did nor touch him he pulled up. again replay show proof of that. its annoying when we play summerville ( anywhere) we endure that also when we play at Stratford and sometimes at wando that officiating is shakey at best. let the kids decide the game. anyway with the help wave still got blowm out with out officiating help score easily could have been worse. wave need a new OC, and need to develope the qb. they do have solid wrs
While it it obvious that most HS officials make questionable calls in most games (some as much worse than others), has FD ever been the recipient of calls that benefited them? I am sure they have. Considering the score, the officials couldn't have helped the Wave that much.

i saw that. most passes were overthrown or bounced to the wrs. wave cant cover either but also fort has one of the best wr corps in the state ranking up there with northwestern. wave qb fits more in wing t type offense.
We have had problems from 15yds on out all season anyone with game film and a decent reciever can exploit this.

While it it obvious that most HS officials make questionable calls in most games (some as much worse than others), has FD ever been the recipient of calls that benefited them? I am sure they have. Considering the score, the officials couldn't have helped the Wave that much.
calls majority of time goes against us. most know ahem you play the wave that they going to get favorable calls at times.

calls majority of time goes against us. most know ahem you play the wave that they going to get favorable calls at times.
Could it possibly be human nature that the officials give the advantage to the underdog (not that they should). I have cursed many an official at games played in Summerville when the Wave was the best team in the area. Sports and politics are synonymous; the fans of both believes the entity they support never does any wrong. The well known fact is; you have to play through the bad calls, regardless of the sport. FD won, Summerville lost. Congratulations to the winner. End of story for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT