ADVERTISEMENT

Fort. Dorchester to get 4-Star Transfer?

BigMitch96

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2015
I hear that the speedy wide-out Justin Williams is leaving Collenton County to play at Ft. D! The rich keeps getting richer....

This is like the 10th rumor I have heard about someone transferring to The Fort! First I heard Ortre Smith, then I heard Cam Burnette, then I heard Dexter Freeman, and now Justin Williams! I wouldn't blame the kid for leaving, but I will have to wait and see if this is true. He is a really good player, but I wasn't aware that he was a 4 star kid.

BUT WE HAVE DARIUS, HE IS THE MAN. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE KEY SINCE HE STARTED. YES, HE HAS PLAYED HURT TOO.

I WENT OUT TO CANE BAY, DIDNT SEE ANYONE, DID THEY HAVE IT TODAY, I LEFT AROUND 9

AFTER 21 MORE GAMES, I AM TRANSFERRING TO THE BEST GAMES OF THE WEEK, NOT JUST THE STAGS BUT HELL, I WILL BE 67 OR 68, SO MAY BE GONE TO ANOTHER RESTING GROUND

Reactions: amosmouzon
Sounds like he wasn't the only transfer they got. Read they got a new rb from pinewood, a new center, and a 6'7" 340 pound tackle. Must be nice to be able to go around the area and pick guys to fill your holes.

I hear that the speedy wide-out Justin Williams is leaving Collenton County to play at Ft. D! The rich keeps getting richer....
First of all, JW is NOT a four star prospect; not sure where that information came from; he's a fine athlete.

Secondly, he has been at Fort D but there are some legitimate eligibility questions from my understanding of the situation.

And he is not the only Colleton County kid attempting transfer to the Fort.

I believe a report on the JW situation has been filed/submitted to the SCHSL..

Reactions: DuckDitchTiger
My understanding was he had not told any Colleton County coaches he was leaving as of 3 weeks ago. But that it was going to happen on the 24th or 25th.

Anyone have a start time for the Sumter at Fort Dorchester scrimmage Saturday ?

Sounds like he wasn't the only transfer they got. Read they got a new rb from pinewood, a new center, and a 6'7" 340 pound tackle. Must be nice to be able to go around the area and pick guys to fill your holes.
The kid they were working at center 6ft maybe 6'1 270 moved to guard.

It was, and I'm probably just a little jealous we aren't better at it now lol! I have heard some of the transfers this season are under investigation so I guess we will have to wait and see.

From my understanding there are some academic concerns but there are ways around that too. If a kids grades are below standard he will get put on a non diploma tract. Then when his grades come up guess what, Back to the diploma tract...If you don't believe me look it up. You can't deny a kid that "Says they have a disability" as long as they are meeting their IEP...Again below is the SCHSL rule on such matter. Argue it all you want but a "disability" can be discovered at anytime so you can't say oh they have to claim this to start...No they don't

3. Students with Disabilities:

a. Students diagnosed with disabilities and being served in a non-diploma program shall

be considered eligible for participation in interscholastic activities if he/she is

successfully meeting the requirements of his/her Individual Education Plan.

b. Students diagnosed with disabilities and being served in a program leading to a state

high school diploma must meet all eligibility requirements previously stated for

participation in interscholastic activities

WOW!!!!! I had no idea this rule existed! Thanks Swamp Fox for the info. It would be a disservice to a kid to use this rule in order to make them eligible to play sports. It is not teaching them responsibility or work ethic! It is different if a kid has a legitimate disability, but to use this because they didn't do the work or show up for School is ridiculous! It's my understanding that in this case it was a lack of effort and accountability not a disability.

Does anyone know if the fort game at the Erk russell classic will be on TV Saturday night?

ADVERTISEMENT