ADVERTISEMENT

fort mill pitching

tcollie

Bench Warmer
Dec 12, 2011
Fort Mill enters post season, won 11 straight, with a pitcher named Bella Roy (Elite). 9th grader with 176k. Already D1 verbal.

Backup pitcher Payton Lemire (team nc) also has 51k, D1 schools all over her too. Freaky good athlete. 8th grade

How many SC 4A schools have 225k in circle? Gotta lead state? Via 8-9 graders.

Tough out next 3-4 years.

Reactions: NA_JACKET
I am sure those are some special pitchers. Would like to see them in 3A region 1 , and see how many Ks there would be. This region is really tough , not a lot of Ks here, by any of the pitchers , because all of the teams are so good , and so many travel ball players. Even Pickens who are winless , hit the ball , and score a lot of runs. Suppose we will see more , when playoffs start.

I am sure those are some special pitchers. Would like to see them in 3A region 1 , and see how many Ks there would be. This region is really tough , not a lot of Ks here, by any of the pitchers , because all of the teams are so good , and so many travel ball players. Even Pickens who are winless , hit the ball , and score a lot of runs. Suppose we will see more , when playoffs start.
Daniel's Ashton Martin(Elite) is at 130 Ks .

The region noted above scares the people in the know in the 4A circles. very few are talking about them as all the discussion is in region II as this poster is probably leading the charge.

But believe you me, I know you all are there. Our team has tremendous honor and respect for the teams being talked about.

That is what the playoffs are all about. We will see. But you will never hear this poster say anything negative about what is happening in your parts. Wish you would talk about them more. But to each his own.

May hat is tipped ... Let's play ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: tcollie
Nafo won 3a state in 2012, has va tech commit in cf.

Gaffney won 4A state 2009. Radford pitcher verbal. Dangerous.

Clover has Winthrop/Furman mid inf commits. P is d1 talent who prefers hoops/choir over sball.

NW has USC-U P/hitter and Cambell SS. Plus 1 of best in state at C/hitter.

FMHS- historically weak since Steaphanie Best days. But will contend next 4 years with 3-4 current high level travel kids. Likely will have a P who can break all time SC HS strikeout record. 900 very realistic on pace. Already committed.

York & RH struggled as of late.

Last edited:
Just curious, has the talent tide changed back to Fort Mill a little bit now? I remember when they were strong and then Nation Ford opened and basically the old FM teams were the new NF teams and FM basically had to start over.

Just curious, has the talent tide changed back to Fort Mill a little bit now? I remember when they were strong and then Nation Ford opened and basically the old FM teams were the new NF teams and FM basically had to start over.

Great point. First off, coach Kidd at Nafo gets 100% from talent he inherits. Amazing coach. His 2 studs that won states are on a very good Winthrop team. The Nafo/FMHS split hurt all sports, even the world class band. If Nafo/FMHS combined today it would be 25-0 and Half the lineup going d1. But FMHS has chance to run table next 4 years in region.

Reactions: NA_JACKET
FMHS- historically weak since Steaphanie Best days. But will contend next 4 years with 3-4 current high level travel kids. Likely will have a P who can break all time SC HS strikeout record. 900 very realistic on pace. Already committed.
Don't believe SCHSL keeps HR totals or strike out totals. I have no idea why. One of the top documented strike out totals I could find was Carley Hoover at 1345 K. You would have to average 224 K a year from seventh grade on to beat that. Also all SCHSL records aren't submitted one example Aleca Johnson from Seneca shows as the all time career wins leader at 124. Malori Meyers from Summerville had 125 but is not listed at all. This maybe a situation where the school did not send the info in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT