ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs. UGA

Mar 3, 2015
Man, I'm sure the FSU kids feel terrible right now. That was uncharacteristic of them in the field.

Just my thoughts.......I know college coaches love to recruit the kid that hits 15+ HR's a year, bats over .500 in travel ball, and has a high slugging percentage, but maybe shaky in the field. However, give me a kid that can hit .300 and play the glove in big games, I'll take that kid. Combine that with good pitching, you'll always have a chance to win.
College coaches seem to always take the bat over the glove because of the "wow" factor. It's as much a defensive game as it is an offensive game. I can't count the number of college games I have seen lost on poor defense. Pitchers on the mound, throwing ground balls and pop flies...... and defenses can't make the routine plays.

FINAL
SCHOOL 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E
16 Georgia 0 2 2 0 0 0 1 5 6 1
8Florida State 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 4 6 7

Last edited:
Reactions: llpmom
Man, I'm sure the FSU kids feel terrible right now. That was uncharacteristic of them in the field.

Just my thoughts.......I know college coaches love to recruit the kid that hits 15+ HR's a year, bats over .500 in travel ball, and has a high slugging percentage, but maybe shaky in the field. However, give me a kid that can hit .300 and play the glove in big games, I'll take that kid. Combine that with good pitching, you'll always have a chance to win.
College coaches seem to always take the bat over the glove because of the "wow" factor. It's as much a defensive game as it is an offensive game. I can't count the number of college games I have seen lost on poor defense. Pitchers on the mound, throwing ground balls and pop flies...... and defenses can't make the routine plays.

FINAL
SCHOOL 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E
16 Georgia 0 2 2 0 0 0 1 5 6 1
8Florida State 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 4 6 7

Florida State normally plays good D. This was a very fortunate game for UGA. I can't see FSU playing that poorly again in the series. Many of this years team are top heavy with pitching a defense. UCLA doesn't have the pitching. The rest of the teams are pretty good in the circle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT