ADVERTISEMENT

GA Schoolboy Greco National Champs!

SButler

Two Year Starter
Jan 1, 2012
Pretty cool to see a southern state win it all, beating the likes of Iowa, Minnesota etc. Finished 2nd in Freestyle losing by only 3 points to Illinois. Glad to see GA take advantage of a great resource in Jeff Ragan.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuckkillerSC
Coach Ragan is a great coach. Great guy also. He's been to my house for an after camp cookout. I knew he would do well in Ga. it's a shame he left SC but good for Ga. He is making a difference.

Reactions: SButler
Coach Ragan is a great coach. Great guy also. He's been to my house for an after camp cookout. I knew he would do well in Ga. it's a shame he left SC but good for Ga. He is making a difference.

Agreed. My son trained with Ragan and we talked wrestling, SC Wrestling often. The frustrating thing is SC had him here for years and never took advantage of it. SCUSAW basically told him to kick rocks back in the day when he tried to help for Fargo prep etc. They would do everything they could to not involve him. Jeff is happy now and doing good things in GA , because he is in a state where the majority of the folks get the big picture and are all after the same thing.

Congrats, I'm sure the Georgia message boards would like to gear the praise and support!!

I think it is an achievement for a state from the southeast to win it all, finish in the top 2 in GR/FS. Many folks in SC wrestling know Jeff and since I consider him a friend, I wanted to recognize the accomplishment. Especially considering SC told Ragan all those years they didn't need his help! I know you said GA shouldn't be the measuring stick... your aiming bigger, but in this case, GA proved to be the measuring stick!

Last edited:
Ya got me for sure here, and I couldn't agree more with your post. I am also friends with Jeff and have spoke with him in depth often recently. Keep in mind i was part of the group Jeff was in for years being told that SC USA was taken care of and already had enough people involved when inquiring about how to help or become involved. Hats off to coach Ragan and Georgia for all their doing!

Reactions: ParTerre57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT