ADVERTISEMENT

Good Versus Evil

dfoldman

Varsity All American
Aug 21, 2005
Time again to get your early predictions on the ultimate contest of Good (The Pickens Blue Flame) vs Evil ( The Easley Yellow Stream...er... I mean.. The Urine Stream.....er... I MEAN... The Easley Green Wave). Last year the good guys took an epic beating.

Do you believe in miracles? I do...

Good- 24
Evil- 20

Coach Boggs wins his opener at Pickens.

PS- That dentist that killed Cecil the lion in Africa that has all the animal lovers pitching a hissy fit....pretty sure that dentist was an Easley alum.

Reactions: JH in Rock Hill
Time again to get your early predictions on the ultimate contest of Good (The Pickens Blue Flame) vs Evil ( The Easley Yellow Stream...er... I mean.. The Urine Stream.....er... I MEAN... The Easley Green Wave). Last year the good guys took an epic beating.

Do you believe in miracles? I do...

Good- 24
Evil- 20

Coach Boggs wins his opener at Pickens.

PS- That dentist that killed Cecil the lion in Africa that has all the animal lovers pitching a hissy fit....pretty sure that dentist was an Easley alum.

Changing my prediction..... Easley 50 Pickens 0..... going to be a long year cuz.....

I've seen both play and easley is gonna dominate the flamers once again. It's a sad thing when a football team is only dressing 32 players because that's all that came out. Pickens may not win a game. Well I give them walhalla and west- joke

Well, There is some talent one this team, JV team won region, beat everyone in region but Wren, seems to be a reflection on the coach and how he chooses to use it.

Well, There is some talent one this team, JV team won region, beat everyone in region but Wren, seems to be a reflection on the coach and how he chooses to use it.

I saw where they lost to some Christian school from Greenville in a jamboree.... I know jamborees do not mean much.... could have been playing younger players, etc.....HOWEVER.... when you lose to any team in any sport with the word "Christian" in the title.... not a good sign. I am a Citadel alum....and our basketball team may be the worst team in D-1, but whenever we play a college with the word "Christian" in it....we wax them. Christian schools are top notch "fishers of men", but they should not beat a 3A football team. I have faith in Coach Boggs, but it may be some time before he gains traction. West-Oak and Walhalla may be a stretch if they don't show up. One of the best high school teams I've ever seen play only had about 30 on the team, so not too worried about dressing out 32. Just hope they dress out 32 "athletes" and not 32 "players". The news about the JV team is encouraging though....I hope I am wrong, but it could be a long season.

Now I know a lot of folks have a lot of faith in Boggs, and like him because he is a good guy. But I am not sure exactly what in his track record makes a Pickens turnaround likely. He did little at Walhalla. Fair enough as Walhalla would be a tough job for the best of coaches. But the recent success right out of the box at Westside by Earley clearly shows that the talent was there. Problem is I think Pickens is much more in the Walhalla class these days than Westside when it comes to potential.

The blue flame lost to Christ church not just some ordinary Christian school. Even though Pickens is 3a and CC IS 1a we all know CC RECRUITS the best players around that they can..still with that being said Pickens is gonna have a rough year and that's coming from a alum

A good 3a team should handle CC (I thought it was another Christian school from Greenville, my bad- kinda hard to keep track sometimes 9000 miles away).... obviously, Pickens is not a good 3a team at the moment. I think Boggs being a Pickens boy will help.... but it will take time. From what I saw under the previous staff was A) did not have the right kids on the field- some gamers riding the pine/and all available talent on the field as well.....and B) they were woefully out of shape. "If you wanna be hard you gotta live hard."...and those boys were soft....You are correct though....have to get all the available talent on the field, period. Take a year or two for the kids to buy in. This year will be tough... Maybe Liberty, Pendleton, Palmetto, W-O and Hawgwaller are the only games where they might even have a bit of a chance this season. And that is truly sad... because they should curb-stomp all 5 of those teams.

I agree with you dfold. A good 3a team beats CC. They play no one except abbeville during a down year but why not try and play a good 3A team. They want that winning streak to continue. Back to Pickens they have lineman walking the halls and just have to get those boys to believe and get out all talent and I think they work them boys out so hard in the summer that by week 2 they are plateaued and are done

I didn't get to see the game hut the announcers said easley shredded Pickens on yardage but just couldn't capitalize on a lot of possessions. I wish it was a different outcome

That was a whole lot closer than I thought it would be..... I hope that is a sign they are not quite as bad as I thought they were. Exponentially better than last year's curb-stomp.... I was expecting a 40+ point margin.... Hope they improve as the season progresses.

I think Pickens plays Pendleton this Friday. If Pickens expects to be .500 they will need to win this one. If not, it might be as rough as last season.

my friend Foldman......You just need to relax about your Flame. I just don't see much in the cards that lends much optimism for the near term, nor the long term. For a variety of reasons, Pickens is just going to be an uphill battle in football. I am glad you were a bit surprised that Easley didn't blow them out, but I think that had as much to do with the fact that Easley has its own issues, more than Pickens turning it around.

And I hate to put you in an even worse mood, but not sure things are going to line up down at Dutch Fork this year either. Now I am sure Knotts will get them coached up as the year goes along, but the talent level really seems to have dropped off from last years squad. We will see, but as we speak they are not in the elite class of the 4A level as is customary under Knotts.

Are you still over in the Mideast? If so, keep your eyes peeled. Some nut cases over there. Maybe in about a year we will get a president with a set and we can get over there and take care of that little problem for you. Be safe.

my friend Foldman......You just need to relax about your Flame. I just don't see much in the cards that lends much optimism for the near term, nor the long term. For a variety of reasons, Pickens is just going to be an uphill battle in football. I am glad you were a bit surprised that Easley didn't blow them out, but I think that had as much to do with the fact that Easley has its own issues, more than Pickens turning it around.

And I hate to put you in an even worse mood, but not sure things are going to line up down at Dutch Fork this year either. Now I am sure Knotts will get them coached up as the year goes along, but the talent level really seems to have dropped off from last years squad. We will see, but as we speak they are not in the elite class of the 4A level as is customary under Knotts.

Are you still over in the Mideast? If so, keep your eyes peeled. Some nut cases over there. Maybe in about a year we will get a president with a set and we can get over there and take care of that little problem for you. Be safe.

I don't think Dutch Fork is lacking talent. I was there. They have plenty of speed and power. A loss to Greenwood doesn't make them weak. Greenwood is a good team and has lots of tradition in football.

Dutch Fork played a hard fought game. They definitely have a talented team this year. There QB and WR are D1 material.

Olcoach- Relax about The Flame??.... JB, obviously some one has hacked into Olcoach's account... because Olcoach knows I do NOT "relax" about The Flames and The Foxes....haha...Still in Kabul.... been a rough few weeks here. Our complex was attacked the other day...lost 11.... lost a guy I knew and another former Army officer just a couple days ago in another attack on the road... but I'm doing well....plugging along.... Got kinfolk HC-ing now....so hopefully he can get The Flame headed in the right direction. if they break even during the regular season that would be good. Will take some time to get them where they can reach their potential... not expecting state championships or deep runs in the playoffs each year.... but respectability, and a little bit of playoff success.... that's reasonable. Easley may be better than everyone suspects this year.... will have to see when they play Greenwood, Westside, Hillcrest etc. Curious to see Daniel....have not heard much from them pre-season.

Dutch Fork....apparently they had a few folks hurt but losing to G-wood on the road first game of the season is no crime.... Knotts will have them ready when it counts.... they do miss Colburn....that is a fact, but they will adapt...I'm sure.

Agree, Just win the one's you should win and be competitive with everyone else. As for Daniel, all I have heard is they are down a little this year, lost a lot to graduation. But, it is Daniel so most of the time they good talent. Easley game will shed some light on their status, still early.

Agree, Just win the one's you should win and be competitive with everyone else. As for Daniel, all I have heard is they are down a little this year, lost a lot to graduation. But, it is Daniel so most of the time they good talent. Easley game will shed some light on their status, still early.

....well.....looks like another.....L-O-N-G season...... for the Feckless Flamers.... Flamers might not win any games this season. Apathy has set in there and it will take a few years to undo that.

Dutch Fork had another rough one....though losses to Greenwood and Goose Creek are a little different than losses to Easley and Pendleton.... Seneca looks ready though. Easley beat Daniel...bit of a shocker there....

....well.....looks like another.....L-O-N-G season...... for the Feckless Flamers.... Flamers might not win any games this season. Apathy has set in there and it will take a few years to undo that.

Dutch Fork had another rough one....though losses to Greenwood and Goose Creek are a little different than losses to Easley and Pendleton.... Seneca looks ready though. Easley beat Daniel...bit of a shocker there....

Very interesting indeed. I didn't realize that Cole Douglas was out. Did he get injured last week?

Foldman.....once again my condolences on the fortunes of you beloved Blue Flame. I am afraid that too many years of wandering in the wilderness may be too much of a mountain to climb out of anytime in the near future. I know a lot of folks around Pickens love Boggs, but his previous track record shows no hint of being able to turn around a program's fortunes.

And even though they are not in as bad a shape as Pickens, I know your Foxes are not letting your spirits. Just don't have the elite talent this year it seems. And that may be a problem. Knotts is never a joy to put up with, his only upside for a program is championships. So may be a tough year down there in a variety of ways.

ADVERTISEMENT