ADVERTISEMENT

Greenwood- Westside

Now I don't feel so bad about the Foxes losing to GW earlier..... Woodshed.

All I know, is that I would NOT want to be taking part in that Westside practice this week....haha.

This one was shocking. Got to wonder what in the world was going on with Westside. Did they have folks suspended? Flu bug get the team? Hard to imagine anyone beating them by that score if they were at their best.

This one was shocking. Got to wonder what in the world was going on with Westside. Did they have folks suspended? Flu bug get the team? Hard to imagine anyone beating them by that score if they were at their best.

Wish I could tell you, 7 turnovers from what I recall

Just could not do anything on offense at all, gave up several big plays early and just got worse. Like throwing gas on a fire LOL

Could blame it on a lot of things but pretty much GWD just took to our boys, not much else to say to be honest.

Not dissing Greenwood's effort in any way. Sounds like they imposed their will despite Westside's issues. Just didn't think I would see anyone hang that kind of score on Westside. But sometimes you have those nights where the other team is on, and you can't do anything right.

No flu bug, no suspensions. Like tprice said , we gave up some big plays early and then things just started to snowball. We were down 21-0 and that's when things started to go bad. We had 2 picks with in 3-4 plays and one was a pick 6. Within 2-3 min, it went from 21-0 to 35-0.

It was the first time really all year that our kids had faced adversity. Saw a lot of players hang their heads early in the game and this was when we were down 21-0 in the 1st qt. We still had plenty of time to come back.

The GWD coaching staff did a great job of taking away our short game passes. Their defense really tackled well. GWD O line got some good push which allowed their backs to hit the holes hard and go on some big runs. Once that happened our safeties started coming up and looking in the back field and they let a bunch of balls get over the top of them. They had about a 75 yd pass play down to the 5 yd line called back for something or it would have been 62-7.

I really think we were looking past GWD. After Hanna beat Hillcrest the way they did, I think we started focusing on Hanna. That's why you play one game at a time.

Might have been a blessing. We will be more focused this week.

WE WILL BEAT THEM WORSE THIS YEAR THAN WE DID LAST YEAR!!!!!!

The game meant nothing for westside. Regardless of the outcome the winner of the hanna westside game was going to win region. They were looking ahead and greenwood made them pay. Hats off to greenwood. It wasn't suprising that they won given the circumstances but to win by that much....might be dangerous in the playoffs for someone to face greenwood right now

I will tell you this, I was VERY impressed with GWD JV team. Got some great looking athletes there, one reminded me of a young Sam Montgomery and the QB brought back memories of Armani Edwards. Scary good looking talent coming at GWD

How do you fix a meltdown in a week. GW exposed Westside's passing game with pressure.
Can Hanna do the same? Can Westside put pressure on Hanna's Freshman QB? Hanna has the best OL I have seen this year....
Wish I could be there, should be a great game.

I'm sure all the teams that might face Westside in the playoffs took note....as did the ones facing Greenwood. Greenwood beat a pretty good DF team early on... so there is something there. Hanna is probably chomping at the bit for WS.... should be a good game one would think.

There's been many problems going on with Greenwood on and off the field and around the community. Now, everything is fixed and back on track now. Look for Greenwood to make a run in the playoffs if they beat Laurens this Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT