ADVERTISEMENT

Help with a new team

ccopinc

Rookie
Feb 16, 2014
The Grand Strand Hurricanes are a new team from the Grand Strand area. Our goal is to bring the wrestling talent in this area to events where they can compete at a national level thus exposing them to opportunities to be seen by scouts and potentially get scholarships.

This is the first team of this sort we can recall being built in our area. The expense being one of the culprits in preventing success. We have a couple of wrestlers who come from situations where the families cannot afford the expenses involved. We believe this should prevent talented wrestlers from embracing these opportunities.

We have started a gofundme.com account and are reaching out to the wrestling community to help us raise funds to cover these kids expenses. Please goto this link and donate even if its $1. http://www.gofundme.com/rygkx2j

Thank you in advance
The Grand Strand Hurricanes

Unless you provide far more detail about this as well as names and contact information, this idea is already dead in terms of funding.

Thank you for the input. We are finalizing our roster this weekend and will post everything then. I appriciate the input.

The team is being coached by Carolina Forest Head Coach Josh Testa.

Our current roster is not yet final. We are waiting for responses from some wrestler and hope to be complete by Monday. Some of the delay is because we have a couple of kids who want to go but cant afford it..we are trying to raise the money to bring them hence my earlier post about our gofundme.com fun raising campaign. You can donate as little as one dollar. But every dollar helps.

We might be needing the following weights for NHSCA Duals Championships...182. 220. 285.

Our roster
106. Pj Wunderlich. Carolina Forest
113. Brandon Reisen. NMB
120 Braydon Nobles. Aynor
126 Christian Coppola. NMB
132. Ezra Flowers ? MB
145 Luke Capps Marion
152. Lawson Capps. Marion
160. Miller Long. MB
170. Taquan Smith Aynor
182 ?
195. Logan Richards. St James
220. ?
285. Rasean Diggs. ? NMB

Besides Coach Test the team is also being run by myself Craig Coppola and Angela Wunderlich.

We are a registered non profit. Please help if you can with our gofundme.com campaign and our wrestler openings. We are trying to keep this in the Grand Strand area but would rather bring someome outside the area then get a free agent who has no loyalty to South Carolina.

The kids on this team are the most dedicated wrestlers in our area. Most work out and wrestle year round. We are trying to give them a chance to compete nationally.

If you have any questions feel free to email me. Ccopinc@aol.com

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT