ADVERTISEMENT

Highschool Statistics Boys and Girls

Just wondering..where is LJ Peak in all this? No one in SC can be close to him in scoring. Just looking....I don't see one Gaffney player. Maybe I just missed them.

Those stats only include teams who put their team and player stats on maxpreps. Which include about 5% of teams in south carolina. Coaches do not like to do this because it creates a free scouting report for opposing teams.

No Idea why LJ is not on here maybe Gaffney didn't list their stats. He is definitely leading the state in scoring, but Deion Holmes is not far behind. This list includes alot more than 5% of the schools in SC's stats don't know what Garnet&Black24 is talking about.

No irmo, gaffney, dorman, goose creek, hillcrest, etc players are on the list. I didnt see a single player from the region i coach in either. Hardly any schools put their stats on max preps. Do some research before questioning someone.

The correct percentage is in the middle. It is definitely more than 5% of teams, but it is definitely less than 50%. Its a shame that more teams don't use Maxpreps. The kids love to see their names in the paper and its a great resource to send to scouts. You are correct that is can provide scouting reports, but any coach that relies on a list of stats to make a gameplan isn't going to have success. I wish that more teams would use resources like maxpreps.

GA has some regions that require mandatory reporting to Maxpreps for scores and information. Maxpreps in SC is kind of like the HSSR- which is a joke.

SC has "mandatory" reporting to maxpreps for scores as well, but not stats.

Ripley- If I have all your players' stats in front of me (shooting %, ft %, etc.) and you dont have any stats on my team, do you think that is an unfair advantage? I would know who your best 3 point shooters are, worst foul shooters, best rebounders etc. Now granted, I could gather some of that info from film as well. But there are certain things stats can tell you that you might not get from watching a game or two on film.
This post was edited on 2/17 2:54 PM by Garnet&Black24

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT