ADVERTISEMENT

hillcrest

They never did last year UNTIL they WON IT ALL

Good team and top notch Coach, they will be tough again this year

They never did last year UNTIL they WON IT ALL

Good team and top notch Coach, they will be tough again this year
Actually, that's not true; SCVarsity.com was the ONLY media source that had Hillcrest in the Top Ten in preseason.

As for respect, they are picked No. 2 in their region right now. Not sure where they are being disrespected.

Im only guessing bc normally when teams win state the mindset is they are #1 until they get knocked off. Westside is not an easy team to judge bc of there schedule. They seem to be having a good 7 on 7 run...but that doesn't matter much. They should go undefeated through the schedule they have if they can get by Hillcrest (toughest opponent). I don't care for either team but i might try to get to that game if both teams are undefeated. If it's not a good game im sure there will be some good fights.

Im only guessing bc normally when teams win state the mindset is they are #1 until they get knocked off. Westside is not an easy team to judge bc of there schedule. They seem to be having a good 7 on 7 run...but that doesn't matter much. They should go undefeated through the schedule they have if they can get by Hillcrest (toughest opponent). I don't care for either team but i might try to get to that game if both teams are undefeated. If it's not a good game im sure there will be some good fights.
Winning a state title does not count for the preseason polls on SCVarsity.com; if that was how we picked them, there would be no need in going out in the Spring and Summer and evaluating teams. I agree, there are a lot of media entities that do it that way.

I think that Westside is scary good. I have them picked to win that region. And before anyone says, "but Hillcrest won state last season," that is true BUT they did lose to Westside.

I think Hillcrest will be a force again in 4A-Division I. If you look at the teams across the board, the Rams have a very good chance of being a major contender again.

Westside also has a good chance but the Division II is going to be very competitive again this year.

I agree, that Hillcrest-Westside game will be one to attend.

I know this Westside better get BETTER to win it all. A great 7 on 7 QB does not equal a state championship. Remember last years PICK up at QB????????

Reactions: Greatwhiteshark
I know this Westside better get BETTER to win it all. A great 7 on 7 QB does not equal a state championship. Remember last years PICK up at QB????????
Who said anything about a state championship? And last year, I believe they did pretty good - GREAT turnaround from where that program was at.

I don't think anyone has picked them to win the state championship yet.

Greenwood is losing respect. We have to prove ourselves. Full pads are different from 7 on 7s. Let's go Pippin.

Winning a state title does not count for the preseason polls on SCVarsity.com; if that was how we picked them, there would be no need in going out in the Spring and Summer and evaluating teams. I agree, there are a lot of media entities that do it that way.

I think that Westside is scary good. I have them picked to win that region. And before anyone says, "but Hillcrest won state last season," that is true BUT they did lose to Westside.

I think Hillcrest will be a force again in 4A-Division I. If you look at the teams across the board, the Rams have a very good chance of being a major contender again.

Westside also has a good chance but the Division II is going to be very competitive again this year.

I agree, that Hillcrest-Westside game will be one to attend.

And Westside lost big at home to a learning young Greenwood team.

JB- you wear your feelings on your sleeve. Glad you are a FAN but Character goes a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way toward winning!

JB- you wear your feelings on your sleeve. Glad you are a FAN but Character goes a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way toward winning!
If you're going to take shots at a coach, do it with your real name and not your screen name. That would go a LOOOONG way towards giving any weight to whatever your problem is with that coach.

Hillcrest has EARNED the respect the hard way

Until someone else wins State they are the team to beat and Coach Porter will have them ready to repeat

Reactions: 80sfootball
Hillcrest should be the team considered to beat. Winning a state Championship doesn't automatically make you the favorite the next year, but they shocked everyone by winning state. They had a swagger to go with their talent. A lot of that talent returns in key spots for Hillcrest. They have also done a good job of building depth. Hillcrest is getting respect, it's just going to be a competitive region, and there are a few teams that have a legit shot at winning it.

I do agree with JB- it is the Rams year.

Greenwood has been down too long. They will be ready to play this year. Lots of distractions going on the last couple of years. Changing coaches, offense, etc. They've worked very hard this summer to get back to championship level.

ADVERTISEMENT