ADVERTISEMENT

Irmo v Wando

DaCocks23

Varsity All American
Oct 24, 2008
Should be a great game...what does everyone thing about this matchup? Will the long bus ride effect Wando?

This one should be fun. I expected to see this matchup next Friday in Florence. But Wando didn't take care of their business. Now they will be in a dogfight.

I say this one is a toss up.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Irmo has no answer for Pegram down low. If wando decides they want to use his size it's going to be tough for irmo to stop. On the other hand irmo has shuler. It's going to be a great game.

What a great high school game...Shuler is really special! Pegram was really a non factor until the 2nd half...got a couple quick fouls and it looked like Irmo's speed frustrated him early in the game... without #12(don't know his name) I don't think the game would have been close. Wando has a really good team and it is really an injustice that this matchup happens in the 2nd round...schsl really needs to seed the upper and lower state once all the teams have qualified...they do it in football...

They definitely weren't good...but from my perspective 3 of the 4 charges on #12 were legit...and I think #12 for Wando is a really good player! Let's not take what Irmo did away from them though...this is a young team that didn't back down from a loaded team. You yourself even said earlier in the thread that this should have been the matchup for the right to go to state...Had Wando not lost to James Island twice this would not have been the fight they got in the second round...

Personally think it's ridiculous that these two should have met...seed the tournament, just like football!

I agree they should not have been playing tonight and I don't mean to take anything away from Irmo. They are a very good team who earned the right to play at home.

I call bs on two of the three charge calls. There were so many no calls when Wando was shooting it was unreal. Pegram was fouled whiled shooting at least two occasions. The call on Rogers (#12) on the steal at mid court was the most outrageous of all.

I know I saw this game through garnet colored glasses but I have heard from many people tonight who have no dog in this fight. Some even HS coaches that were there, that could not believe how one sided the officiating was.

End of rant. Good luck to Irmo. They are a well coached, talented team.

The last foul on Rodgers may have been the worst call I have ever seen. The game as a whole was terribly officiated. However, wando threw the ball all over the gym in the 2nd half. Irmo was the better team.

Agree on everything said...poorly officiated! Just hate that it has to tarnish a great game and atmosphere for a high school playoff basketball game. I saw a lot of ticky tacky fouls on shooters for each side all night...never saw so many fouls called on 3 balls in my life...had to be at least 6 or 7.

Originally posted by DC Pops:
I agree they should not have been playing tonight and I don't mean to take anything away from Irmo. They are a very good team who earned the right to play at home.

I call bs on two of the three charge calls. There were so many no calls when Wando was shooting it was unreal. Pegram was fouled whiled shooting at least two occasions. The call on Rogers (#12) on the steal at mid court was the most outrageous of all.

I know I saw this game through garnet colored glasses but I have heard from many people tonight who have no dog in this fight. Some even HS coaches that were there, that could not believe how one sided the officiating was.

End of rant. Good luck to Irmo. They are a well coached, talented team.
I was surprised that they didn't try to go inside more to Pegram all night, they had such a huge advantage there. When you have Rogers going off like he was though I can understand. Wando is a very talented team in its own right, and I thought they were well coached as well.

Yeah that steal call was really questionable...losing Rogers was a blow especially with how well he was playing. I felt like late in the game like g&b24 said that the defensive pressure got to Wando a bit...several turnovers by throwing it away. Wando kids fraught hard in a tough environment...nothing to be ashamed of!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT