ADVERTISEMENT

JB......Coach Boggs' Flames..... how will they be this season?

dfoldman

Varsity All American
Aug 21, 2005
JB.... What does Coach Boggs have to work with, and how do you think he will do in his first season at the helm with The Blue Flame?

It will take Boggs a couple years to get program going in right direction, BE PATIENT

Good Coach and even better person

Good things take time

My Mother is a Boggs...from Pickens..... he comes good stock. I know he will do well.

Not sure he will ever set the world on fire. History is usually a prologue. Did little at Westside, but their recent rise shows that the talent was there. Good guy, hope he does well, but he also isn't walking into a situation at Pickens that would say they are ready to take off under any circumstance. Can see them being a run of the mill .500 team. Gets one of the lower seedings in the playoffs every year and is a one and done type outfit. Just reality. Neither Pickens, or Boggs, have shown they have what it takes to be much more than that.

The right coach can win there. Takes getting all the talent available on the field, making them believers, and getting the community behind it..... Think Boggs can do it.... Tweito, Isaacs, Thorton....previous coaches figured it out... hope he can do it .... will take a couple years to get folks on board.... we will see.

John Boggs will do as well as anyone could at Pickens. He is a quality coach and a quality person.

Maybe. Hope some of you believers are right. He is a great guy. But history says no. Some folks are head coaches. Some are just great assistants. When the line gets crossed doesn't always work out as hoped.

Mox.... that is a valid point you make. Proof is in the pudding...will have to see how it goes. He is a hometown product, so hopefully the school, the community and the players get behind him and believe. He has to be an improvement to what they have had since they ran off Tweito....last two seasons before Tweito got booted Pickens was 9-1 and 8-2..... have not come close to that since... I hope Coach Boggs can get them pointed back in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT