ADVERTISEMENT

JB.... Greenwood

Meltdown?????? Changed coaches, offences and still beat Spartanburg and your Westside Rams. oh and went deep into the playoffs. FIRST FIVE TEAMS PLAYED WERE EITHER STATE CHAMPS THE YEAR OF OR BEFORE. Meltdown??????

No, they are on the radar; but after last year's meltdown, I have to see them in pads first.

Meltdown? Not sure that's the appropriate term. They got a new coach, a totally new offense, and were a young team. Lost to Dutch Fork(2013 champion), Northwestern (2013 champion), Dorman, Hillcrest (2015 champion). In 2012 they won it themselves 15-0. They beat Spartanburg(2014 champion) in regular season and scorched Westside 34-7(whom you're giving very high praise) at home. Went to the Semis and lost. One step away from playing for a title in their first year with all of this new stuff.

Meltdown?????? Changed coaches, offences and still beat Spartanburg and your Westside Rams. oh and went deep into the playoffs. FIRST FIVE TEAMS PLAYED WERE EITHER STATE CHAMPS THE YEAR OF OR BEFORE. Meltdown??????
I saw you guys twice and neither time was anywhere near what the preseason hype was; as I said, looks good on paper and in shorts but gotta see it in pads. The Dutch Fork game last year was an embarrassment In terms of execution.

It's still early; don't get bent becUse of preseason stuff.

I saw you guys twice and neither time was anywhere near what the preseason hype was; as I said, looks good on paper and in shorts but gotta see it in pads. The Dutch Fork game last year was an embarrassment In terms of execution.

It's still early; don't get bent becUse of preseason stuff.

You built the preseason hype brother. Remember you were high on us last year, but we just weren't ready early. Still ended good enough to make the semis. I think we finished ahead of our progression schedule last year. Flying under the radar isn't bad though. Good locker room motivation material.

You built the preseason hype brother. Remember you were high on us last year, but we just weren't ready early. Still ended good enough to make the semis. I think we finished ahead of our progression schedule last year. Flying under the radar isn't bad though. Good locker room motivation material.
That region is going to be strong. Hillcrest, Westside, Greenwood, Lauren's should all be good. Good luck.

The regular season stuff doesn't matter if the end outweighs it....Doesn't matter that Westside beat Hillcrest because Hillcrest STILL won the State title in division I; doesn't matter that Greenwood beat Spartanburg because in the end, it was the Vikings who won the Division II title.

Don't get me wrong, those were quality wins by both Westside and Greenwood, but football season is a distance run, not a sprint, and those other teams finished the race.

We aren't strangers to finishing the race. Been there plenty of times and will be back very soon. Time will tell.

Greenwood will be mentally and physically prepared this coming year. All the players are conditioning and lifting weights everyday. The players look more fit and stronger then last years team. Watch out region 1!!!

ADVERTISEMENT