ADVERTISEMENT

JB- What you hearing about reclassification?

Is it going to be good or another HSL fiasco?
I have heard several of the proposals...I think there will be some that like it and some that don't. The major points of contention are going to be over who moves up and who stays down, especially in the current 3A classification.

When this all came down, I was convinced it was a good thing but NOW some of the things coming out- keeping Big 16 etc have led me to think it is going to end bad.

I think we will see 5A from top down to 1600
4A from 1600 down to 1100
3A will be tricky...they want BE in 3A but to do that there would be more than a 400 swing. I think 3A will be 1100 down to mid 700's

Who knows. We shall see soon.

When does the high school league announce what the new regions and classifications are going to be?

executive director of the league, said his office will send out the proposed classifications as well as the region alignments for the 2016-17 school year on Monday. Schools will then have an opportunity to appeal before a final list is submitted in September.

The five classification alignment will be the first in state history and will affect programs from Class A to Class AAAAA. The current system consists of four classifications, but football crowns seven state champions. The new format will have five state champions in football and most other varsity sports.

Singleton said most of the work has been completed, but he and his staff plan to tweak some of the alignments later this week. It is unclear how many schools will be included in each classification, but Singleton did say that the number of schools would vary in each classification.

“We have worked very hard to be fair to our schools, taking into consideration two major factors — competition and geography. I think we have done a good job and now the schools can take a look at it and see how they fit into the equation.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT