ADVERTISEMENT

Legion playoff brackets

Dak43

Rookie
May 1, 2015
Heard they finally came out today. Anybody how to get one or, which leagues and teams are paired against each other in Lower and Upper State?

I guess the answer is no. It is all smoke and mirrors. You are not allowed access to the information as it evidently above all of our pay grades. I don't understand all the secrecy/lack of public information. Not too many years ago Legion results were posted regularly in local newspapers. Stats too. Not any more.

Why aren't the legion brackets set right before the first games are set before to be played? League commissioners want to make sure they have the easiest way to the state tournament?

If I remember correctly, last year's playoffs were one big screwed up mess also. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out who plays who out of 20 something teams. Don;t they still play leagues? Don't they have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finishers in each league? Can't be that hard to do.

Stop letting teams keep forming year after year if they fold come playoff time. There needs to be a rule that says if you fold 2 consecutive years you cant come back

Seems that Legion is losing more and more teams each year. Maybe it will get down to 8 total teams in the entire state and then they can just all come together for a state championship tournament each year. Gotta blame the leadership at some point.

Look at Florida 13 teams and Georgia 8 teams for example. I know they are in a hot bed for travel ball but we do not want to get to that.

I heard one team is folding because they wouldn't have enough players for the state tournament. Come on now at least go as far as you can.

I agree with basenok! I am scared to see how many teams we have next year. It will not be pretty. You are going to not give a lot of kids the great opportunity to play american legion baseball

Look at Florida 13 teams and Georgia 8 teams for example. I know they are in a hot bed for travel ball but we do not want to get to that.

I heard one team is folding because they wouldn't have enough players for the state tournament. Come on now at least go as far as you can.

I agree with basenok! I am scared to see how many teams we have next year. It will not be pretty. You are going to not give a lot of kids the great opportunity to play american legion baseball
I agree , I`m in North Carolina and we have seen a decline in teams as well . I want and hope we can figure this out and get more kids playing American Legion Baseball !!!

I am a High School and American Legion Coach in N.C. I want to see more kids playing Legion Baseball . Also I guess there is no way to know what is going on as far as who is playing who in S.C. and what the teams records are is that correct ?

Legion Baseball is a great program. And it is still salvageable. But, it's going to require new, younger leadership to revive it. There are some great programs, like Florence and Sumter, that should be models for the rest of the state. But, there needs to be a lot of change at the top, i.e. the infamous Committee. Until that happens, the program will continue to deteriorate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT