10. Spartanburg

Others: Greer, West Columbia, Inman, Horry, Murrells Inlet, Goose Creek

League 5

1. Fort Mill 2-0
2. Rock Hill 1-0
3. York 1-1
4. Clover 0-1
5. Lancaster 0-2

Sorry, but if Spartanburg is one of the 10 best teams in the state, Legion has fallen further than I thought.

I think the teams better from my perspective. I'm a league 7 guy and think most all the teams in the league will be better this year. Hear Belton will be good out of this league. Then you got 2 really strong teams in Greenville and Greenwood. Should be a fun league to watch.

Spartanburg is awful. I'm not sure the basis for such a young team to be thought of as a top 10 team. They've been bad from game 1 all the way til now.

Look at the title and the date. That was the preseason poll based basically on last years results and tradition. That's all we have to go on in the preseason. No one knows what teams will really have.

Look at the title and the date. That was the preseason poll based basically on last years results and tradition. That's all we have to go on in the preseason. No one knows what teams will really have.
I did look at the date.

I know this, Inman went to back to back state tourneys last 2 years and only lost 1 every day starter yet they weren't in the top 10? I know they aren't as strong as they were the last 2 years but Inman is toying with the teams in that league and having fun.

I don't really care about a "top 10" but it's funny how the "list" included Spartanburg (a team that lost its best player and a few really good players) and didn't include a team that lost only 1 every day starter and returned the pitcher (Korn) that carried them to the state.

Pre-season rankings are fun, but they should at least make sense to a certain degree.

Should be a fun post season to watch. Like I've stated before I am a League 7 guy so I have got to watch pretty much all those teams. I feel like there are 3 teams in that league that could make a run. Greenwood is a very good team with a lot of different arms to throw at you which most teams don't have the luxury of having. Belton has the arms and the offense if they can keep their team together. I know Roper and Holiday are playing on the Big League team so I'm not sure they will be around for the legion playoffs or not and that would hurt Belton losing their 4 and 5 hitters and a top arm. Greenville is loaded from top to bottom with big power from Firmstone, Peden, and Chapman in the middle of that order. Not sure about their pitching though. I know with two of the top leftys in the state Coan and Nichols they should do well, but not sure who they have other than them. I hear League 6 has some really good team a well this year. Seeing Greer take down Shelby, Florence, Sumter, etc this weekend should be an eye opener for some teams.

Should be a fun post season to watch. Like I've stated before I am a League 7 guy so I have got to watch pretty much all those teams. I feel like there are 3 teams in that league that could make a run. Greenwood is a very good team with a lot of different arms to throw at you which most teams don't have the luxury of having. Belton has the arms and the offense if they can keep their team together. I know Roper and Holiday are playing on the Big League team so I'm not sure they will be around for the legion playoffs or not and that would hurt Belton losing their 4 and 5 hitters and a top arm. Greenville is loaded from top to bottom with big power from Firmstone, Peden, and Chapman in the middle of that order. Not sure about their pitching though. I know with two of the top leftys in the state Coan and Nichols they should do well, but not sure who they have other than them. I hear League 6 has some really good team a well this year. Seeing Greer take down Shelby, Florence, Sumter, etc this weekend should be an eye opener for some teams.
Greer won't make it to the state tourney, they aren't good. Best stick is Alex Williams (great player) but it ends there.

Union could go if they keep Dunleavey, Taylor and Lawson with them. Inman has bars, but pitching is only decent. Expect them in Sumter, but round 2 could be more than Inman can handle. Union. Gaffney is good, not great. Don't expect anyone from that league to have a legit shot unless Union keeps their big 3 arms on board. After those 3 it's a very less than average staff.

Umdterpock have you seen spartanburg play? What you know about them?

Would be fun to see Greenville vs. Union match up. Sounds like some really good arms could face off. You have unions 3 like you mentioned going against Lucas Coan, Hank Nichlos, Ridge Chapman, and Grahman Mitchell. Should be a good series.

Can't wait to see the Belton and Fort Mill match up if I works out that way as well. Not sure when Tanner Mack and Blake Holiday will join that Easley tournament but even losing those 2 at some point Belton should give it good go but I will admit, I don't know much about Ft. Mill.

Umdterpock have you seen spartanburg play? What you know about them?
Have I seen them play? Lol, yeah and they are terrible, no joke. They have very little fire power and nothing on the mound. I expect them to lose in 3 or 4. Shouldn't be close against whoever they play.

ADVERTISEMENT