ADVERTISEMENT

Legion Top 10: Week 7, 2nd round playoffs

ALBonSCV

Rookie
Apr 17, 2013
All last week's top 10 teams swept their playoff series (except Greenville who got a bye).

1. Florence (30-1)
2. Rock Hill (14-1)
3. Chapin/Newberry (16-5)
4. Gaffney (17-1)
5. Inman (15-3)
6. Sumter (16-7)
7. Camden (15-3)
8. Ft. Mill (13-3)
9. Lexington (13-5)
10. Greenville

Others: Aiken (14-8), Spartanburg (12-7), Beaufort (13-8), Horry (14-8)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dak43
Rock Hill 13, Sptbg 2, RH leads series 2-0
Inman 7, GV 3, Inman leads series 1-0
Gaffney 7, Ft. Mill 5, Series tied 1-1

Last edited:
Rock Hill 13, Sptbg 2, RH leads series 2-0
Inman 7, GV 3, Inman leads series 1-0
Gaffney 7, Ft. Mill 5, Series tied 1-1
Yeah I guess turn about is fair play.. one of Fort Mill coaches got ejected along with 2 fans last night in Fort Mill.. this series is heating up big time

Yeah I guess turn about is fair play.. one of Fort Mill coaches got ejected along with 2 fans last night in Fort Mill.. this series is heating up big time

What's everybody getting so upset about? Umpires? The one at Spartanburg last night was one of the worst I've seen. But, his bizarre strike zone did not favor one team over the other.

think it goes back to 2 years ago. Fort Mill had a great team and put Gaffney in the hole 2 games to 0 but Gaffney won 3 straight to take the series. My son was the winning pitcher the 3rd game at Fort Mill en route to state tournament. That series was the same way very touchy

Spartanburg 0-2 vs Rock Hill. All three of Spartanburg's best arms (Hall, McAllister, and Houchens) have yet to be placed upon the mound. Are they all injured or has Spartanburg's coach got a fiendish plan to roar back and sweep the next three games to win the series? Confusing to say the least.

Spartanburg 0-2 vs Rock Hill. All three of Spartanburg's best arms (Hall, McCallister, and Houchens) have yet to be placed upon the mound. Are they all injured or has Spartanburg's coach got a fiendish plan to roar back and sweep the next three games to win the series? Confusing to say the least.

The situation in Spartanburg is baffling. In a newspaper article earlier this week, coach indicated he would start Houchens (USCL) in Game 1 and McCallister (C of C commit) in Game 2. None of that happened. Granted, they were facing two outstanding Rock Hill pitchers in Game 1 (Hughes) and Game 2 (Sweatt), but that's no reason not to throw your best guys and take your best shot. Houchens and McCallister are not Hughes and Sweatt, but they are solid pitchers who, on a given day, can shut down the opposition for 5-7 innings. Of course, you still have to be able to hit the ball and play defense, two things Spartanburg has struggled with.

Sorta reminds me of one time Clemson went to the CWS. They decided to hold back their Friday night starter, Josh Cribb, for the first two games. They went two and out, and Cribb never saw the mound.

Rock Hill 6, Spartanburg 4, Rock Hill Sweeps
Gaffney 11, Fort Mill 3, Gaffney leads series 2-1
Inman 17, Greenville 12, Inman leads 2-0

Last edited:
Looks like Sumter is going to win their way in. How is this play in game going to work in upper state. 3 or two teams making it.

Spartanburg is 3-4

Say this happens below
Fort Mill loses tonight and is 4-3
Inman win and greenville is 0-3 ( are they giving Greenville 2 wins)

Looks like Sumter is going to win their way in. How is this play in game going to work in upper state. 3 or two teams making it.

Spartanburg is 3-4

Say this happens below
Fort Mill loses tonight and is 4-3
Inman win and greenville is 0-3 ( are they giving Greenville 2 wins)

I don't understand. What scenario would "give Greenville 2 wins" if Inman sweeps?
The way I understand it, Spartanburg and Greenville would both have 3-3 playoff records so they would go with the team that allowed the LEAST runs (which is a ridiculous way to solve it when one of those teams had 3 forfeits ---so they obviously gave up 0 runs in those games) so that would be Greenville. Greenville, if they lose to to Inman, would then play Fort Mill if they should lose to Gaffney.

Rock Hill 6, Spartanburg 4, Rock Hill Sweeps
Gaffney 11, Fort Mill 3, Gaffney leads series 2-1
Inman 17, Greenville 12, Inman leads 2-0

So, the million dollar question...........which Spartanburg starter(s) are ready to throw "the next game" and stood idly by while their team got swept?

Camden 8
Chapin-Newberry 6
C-N leads series, 2-1. Game 4 Saturday at noon in Camden.

Greenville is 3-3
Spartanburg is 3-4

From what I am hearing is Greenville will face Fort Mill in play in game. I don't think it is fair to spartanburg that they played one more game and lost while Greenville had a buy and got 9-0 victories.

Greenville gave up 29 runs in their 3 games
Spartanburg gave up 44 in 7 games

Greenville averaged 10 runs against a game if you round up and spartanburg averaged 6 runs a game.

I just don't think it is fair spartanburg doesn't get a shot.

Should be Spartanburg vs Greenville Monday and Winner vs Fort Mill Tuesday in my opinion.

Again league directors will favor Greenville because Mark Jackson is on the committee and their AD

Reactions: Dak43
Greenville is 3-3
Spartanburg is 3-4

From what I am hearing is Greenville will face Fort Mill in play in game. I don't think it is fair to spartanburg that they played one more game and lost while Greenville had a buy and got 9-0 victories.

Greenville averaged 10 runs against a game if you round up and spartanburg averaged 6 runs a game.

Should be Spartanburg vs Greenville Monday and Winner vs Fort Mill Tuesday in my opinion.

Again league directors will favor Greenville because Mark Jackson is on the committee and their AD

Not arguing your point. But it wouldn't
Greenville is 3-3
Spartanburg is 3-4

You are not wrong. The current method is clearly flawed. But Spartanburg put themselves in that situation by their coach not using his best arms and getting swept. Now I don't know exactly why those kids weren't on the mound. There may have been a very valid reason, but if their top 3 guys would have at least participated on the mound in games 1-2 they may have had a much better shot. Unfortunately for those kids, we'll never know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT