ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk 3-AAA Boys Basketball

boo24

Rookie
Nov 2, 2007
SCBCA BOYS POLLS

DreherA C FloraSouth PointeMidland ValleyDarlington Wilson Travelers RestOrangeburge-WilkinsonRB StallSouthside

South Carolina AAA Boys Conference

Region 1
Region 2 Region 3 Region 4
Belton-Honea Path Berea Broome (2) AC Flora
Daniel Blue Ridge Chester Camden
Palmetto Chapman Clinton Chapin
Pickens Eastside Lancaster (1) Dreher
Seneca Emerald (3) South Pointe Lower Richland
Walhalla Greer Union County Richland NE
West-Oak (10) Southside
Wren (7) Travelers Rest

Region 5 Region 6 Region 7 Region 8
Aiken Crestwood Georgetown Beaufort
Airport (5) Darlington Lake City Berkeley
Brookland-Cayce Hartsville Myrtle Beach Hanahan
Gilbert Lakewood N. Myrtle Beach Hilton Head Island
(4) Midland Valley Manning St. James (8) Orangeburge-Wilkinson
Swansea Marlboro County (6) Wilson (9) RB Stall

Who are some of the top contenders in each region that has the potential to make a deep run for class 3-AAA title? Who are the sleeper teams to watch out for that can really hurt you come playoff time? Lastly, what two teams will meet in Columbia when it's all said and done? LET'S TALK 3-AAA Boys Basketball……………….

Midland Valley has a solid team. I think they are a contender in the Lower State. But, AC Flora had their way with them in the title game of the Newberry Christmas tournament...

Darlington and Wilson are both contenders also in the Lower State. Both teams had strong showings in the Pepsi Carolina Classic @ West Florence High School over the Christmas break.

MV is a very tough team to beat when they have their full team available, especially at home.

Majority of their losses have come with either key players being hurt or them having to miss games due to all-star football games.

AC Flora seemed to have a really good team when I saw them in the Newberry tournament against MV. Just seem to have shooters at every position.

Havent seen much of anyone else in AAA, so I cant really form a good opinion.

Think any of those top 3 teams could represent upstate... only problem is... Could be matchup between Southpointe and Dreher/AC Flora in 2nd round of playoffs based on brackets... not sure about the Greenville area... usually have a team that surprises during playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT