ADVERTISEMENT

Manning - Update (Selection made)

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
Good source has Reggie Kennedy going to Manning; not sure if he has "accepted" but interview DID take place.

so Reggie Kennedy is officially out of the mix according to Lou at The State. so who does Manning turn to with Kennedy and Craig out of the mix?

Then that leaves Leonard Johnson maybe? He is one of the other names mentioned....did CE Murray Coach not apply? I only ask because I know he coached there before and I would think that's a major step up...

3 things I know. 1- Kennedy turned it down. 2- Brian Smith did not apply. 3 - Leonard Johnson is dying to get this job

3 things I know. 1- Kennedy turned it down. 2- Brian Smith did not apply. 3 - Leonard Johnson is dying to get this job
1. I did hear Kennedy turned it down
2. Brian DID apply but according to people on the committee, some thought he was "too country" and would not relate to the kids. Funny, though; he's from Boston. Country? LOL He relates pretty dang good to the kids at CE Murray and related to the kids at Manning when he was there.
3. Yes, Johnson wants the job and may actually get it now.

JB, Brian Smith must be from South Boston or someone stole him and had a Southern intervention on his butt. You know what I mean. You grab um, make them eat grits(no milk or sugar, just butter,salt, pepper), fried chicken, say y'all a thousand times, listen to some Hank Williams, and learn two stepping and Cotton Eye Joe, while sipping on some Southern Comfort. #knowwhatIamsaying

Reactions: red raider alum
ITS HOT ON THE WIRE, THEY DECIDED NO ONE WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR MANNING

So now that Kennedy is out, and apparently Craig has pulled out (not confirmed yet) then the only names that I have heard left are Cribb, West, Johnson, and Joyner...Which one gets it?

ADVERTISEMENT