ADVERTISEMENT

Message Board consildation

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
Guys, I have made a corporate decision. I will be trimming down our message boards index within the next week.

My plan is to keep our premium board as is, all sports-all recruiting.

For Football, we are going to one board. I will consolidate the current boards so we do not lose any posts that are currently on those boards.

Same with Baseball, Softball, and Wrestling - one board.

One of the things that made SCVarsity.com the leader when this internet thing exploded was that I was always accessible to interact with the community, as were other staff members. Because of how spread out we are now, it is near impossible to run the daily operations AND interact and that hurts the message board community.

The one thing we (I) have always maintained is that we need to keep good, intelligent chatter going on the message boards. We've got a core group of very good, knowledgeable posters; granted, sometimes we disagree but I will not dispute the fact that they are knowledgeable guys. Bringing us all together in a trimmer community, I believe, will be better.

I know there will be those offended that they don't want "this class" posting on the board or want their own board for a particular classification, but the truth is that we'll get better conversations if we keep the party in the same room so to speak.

I would like some of you regulars to reach out to me if you have an interest in becoming a board moderator here. Some of you guys, despite our spats sometimes on the boards, are great posters and that's who I want moderating the boards with me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT