ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Teams

dfoldman

Varsity All American
Aug 21, 2005
I think it is a glaring fact that Dutch Fork is the best team in the Midlands and the State this season( of course there will be doubters like Gaffney, Dorman and Hanna...but they have not seen them in action). I think anyone that has seen Spring Valley would argue they are the #2 team in the Midlands. I know that is a "shocker" to those folks at Hammond, but SV has a good coach, quality depth, size, good skill players and D-1 talent. Too much for Hammond... I realize The State newspaper sports writers disagree with me, but beating teams like Trinity and Ben Lippen don't make them better than SV or Irmo, Lexington and Westwood for that matter. I understand they beat Country Day early in the season, but Country Day is no longer the premier private school in NC; that is Charlotte Christian and Charlotte Catholic. What is still stunning me this season is the fact that SV is the second best around the Midlands, and they were swamped by the Foxes... completely different league. Now don't get me wrong, I think SV would give any team around the State a go...Fort D, Gaffney, Byrnes, Dorman etc...not saying they would beat any of those teams, but they could compete. Dutch Fork this season is the best SC High School team I have seen. Tom Knotts works magic. Great coach and a great team.

FEAR THE FOX...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT