ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Football

i would consider both and what he's doing this season at a totally different position... was headed towards state record for career td receptions (AJ Green), however was moved to qb 3 games into this season and has rushed for 100+ and passed for 200+ in multiple games.. so it 's safe to say he will no longer get the state record for receiving TDs, but now he is threatning to break the state record for most tds in career (Demetrius Summers)... since placed at QB team is undefeated and he averages 3-4 tds per game. They have nation ford, rock hill and gaffney left... he may score 6 tds against Nation ford alone. This a great group of candidates but Career wins, championships and stats are all on his side... the fact that he's a 4 yr varsity starter, affected the game tremendously at Receiver for 3 yrs and then to move over to QB and have the year he's having at that position speaks volumes for his chances.

KG, I agree Dupree is the best football player in the state but I don't think he will win the award. I just don't think for some reason he will get it. If he was six inches taller and all of the colleges in the nation would have been beating his door down like they would do a six foot guy who has the talent he has there would be no question.

Originally posted by KG (Lan):

i would consider both and what he's doing this season at a totally different position... was headed towards state record for career td receptions (AJ Green), however was moved to qb 3 games into this season and has rushed for 100+ and passed for 200+ in multiple games.. so it 's safe to say he will no longer get the state record for receiving TDs, but now he is threatning to break the state record for most tds in career (Demetrius Summers)... since placed at QB team is undefeated and he averages 3-4 tds per game. They have nation ford, rock hill and gaffney left... he may score 6 tds against Nation ford alone. This a great group of candidates but Career wins, championships and stats are all on his side... the fact that he's a 4 yr varsity starter, affected the game tremendously at Receiver for 3 yrs and then to move over to QB and have the year he's having at that position speaks volumes for his chances.

Gotcha, I was really unclear on whether the voters consider career numbers vs. senior season numbers. If it's the latter, I have a hard time thinking that Bryant or Arcega-Whiteside can be beat out, with the senior seasons they are putting up. If it's career numbers, then I guess Hart is the favorite. Bryant is absolutey carving up defenses, and JJ is having one the best single seasons at WR in a long time, especially in this area.

i think they all have phenomenal numbers over their careers... has to be a deciding factor. so far Hart is right at around 1,000 rushing and over 1,000 passing (in 6 games at qb) and has accounted for between 27-30 tds.

This is the first year in a while that I thought every single kid is deserving.

I'll be fine with any of these outstanding young men. I can't say that I have heard a negative report on any of them through the coaching circles.

Kudos to the selection committee for selecting these nominees!

happy0030.r191677.gif

I want Colburn to win it...but he has been hampered some by nagging injuries. Hart is amazing but have to go with Bryant. I think Wren without him is a yawner. With him, they are a serious contender in 3A.

ADVERTISEMENT