ADVERTISEMENT

New Coaches

Apr 16, 2012
With most schools now aware that they have vacant teachers positions open for next year. I wonder how many coaching positions will be open or coachez that become available?

I understand there have been several good coaches interviewed in the Anderson County area in the last two weeks. Other than Crescent every High School in that area needs to evaluate their coaches.

Anyone else hearing of vacancies in the state?

North Augusta's Derrick Quinn will be the AD/Head Football Coach at Fox Creek next year. He is a great guy and will be missed at NA. That will be a very good job for somebody. Wouldn't be shocked if it's a promote from within.

You are correct, Crescent not only has a great coach but I beleive the best staff in the state. The other Anderson County Schools do need an overhaul, Hanna, Westside may have the farthest to go. Palmetto would be next followed by Pendleton then Wren.

I will say if Palmetto would step out and hire a coach with real experience. They could possibly win another state title if not multiple with the young talent they have coming along. Especially if group will play together like their predecessors.

The real issue for Hanna and Westside is their recreation programs are so bad, there are little to no girls 12 under playing softball.

With most schools now aware that they have vacant teachers positions open for next year. I wonder how many coaching positions will be open or coachez that become available?

I understand there have been several good coaches interviewed in the Anderson County area in the last two weeks. Other than Crescent every High School in that area needs to evaluate their coaches.

Anyone else hearing of vacancies in the state?

Kevin Jones, former Blue Ridge coach is heading to Greenville High. Hired as a D Coordinator, but will coach softball too.

North Augusta's Derrick Quinn will be the AD/Head Football Coach at Fox Creek next year. He is a great guy and will be missed at NA. That will be a very good job for somebody. Wouldn't be shocked if it's a promote from within.
Derrick Quinn will be missed and he will miss NA. They have a very young and talented team. He will miss that group for sure. I hope he gets a title this year. He deserves one!

They have told the players at Westside that there will be an announcement Thursday naming the new softball coach. Most are very nervous, not hearing good names around here.

Cuplayer59

I hope that whoever gets it keeps Watson around. He has been a great source for Westside for years. When he, Chris and Ms. Hipp had their team, Westside was a force in the upstate.

I disagree. He may offer his time but most of the girls don't have a lot of use for him. All he does is hit infield and that is done at a 12u level. But if he wasn't there to do that the girls probably wouldn't even get infield hit to them.

ADVERTISEMENT