ADVERTISEMENT

No results yet??

Greggnice

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2012
It's been over a week and there are still no results posted from the All State Combine! I have a kid that will be doing the Rivals camp this coming weekend, and I would like to know what we need to work on before the camp.

Can you post the results for everybody except the 4 the numbers were incorrect on and then post an update with their corrected results?

It was the same last year (and the year before) ... took forever to get results and never got the full results. Only got the top 10/20 in each category ... so if your son was outside of that (out of 330 kids most are) , you didn't know where he stood against the field. I like to just get the results (like every other combine) and I'm smart enough to figure out where my son needs work. I enjoy the write ups about the top players, but think posting the complete results will satisfy all the parents desires to chart/see where there son's are against the field. It is frustrating to be going into the next combine/camp without knowing the results of the last.

It was the same last year (and the year before) ... took forever to get results and never got the full results. Only got the top 10/20 in each category ... so if your son was outside of that (out of 330 kids most are) , you didn't know where he stood against the field. I like to just get the results (like every other combine) and I'm smart enough to figure out where my son needs work. I enjoy the write ups about the top players, but think posting the complete results will satisfy all the parents desires to chart/see where there son's are against the field. It is frustrating to be going into the next combine/camp without knowing the results of the last.
Grimsley, the results have never been longer than a week getting out. There is a reason that happened this year and they will be released today BY NUMBER.

Be careful not to have your son turn into a combine player and be over zealous about these events. Friday night film is still the staple of recruiting. Shorts warriors are fun to watch and combine result play a part in athlete evaluation but are not something to put too much focus on.

Results will be up today.

Reactions: DuckDitchTiger
Grimsley, the results have never been longer than a week getting out. There is a reason that happened this year and they will be released today BY NUMBER.

Be careful not to have your son turn into a combine player and be over zealous about these events. Friday night film is still the staple of recruiting. Shorts warriors are fun to watch and combine result play a part in athlete evaluation but are not something to put too much focus on.

Results will be up today.
I definitely agree that what he does on the field is much more important than combines ... BUT he competed in a combine and is looking at the results to see how he compares to the field. We aren't looking for big numbers .... we are looking to see how he did against the 330 players that competed in the same conditions. It's an evaluation of his workouts and training. What he does in the off season, camps/combines/events will prepare him for the season. In the off season ALL we have is training and camps/combines/events ... when we have real football, we won't care about theses results.
I like that he is anxious about the results ... He competes in all he does ... in the classroom, on the field and in camps/combines/events .. he wants to win. I don't mind him putting his focus on the results, as he will do the same anytime on the field. They are a fill in until the season and we have Friday Night Lights to film... that's all.
I look forward to seeing how he did. Thanks.

I definitely agree that what he does on the field is much more important than combines ... BUT he competed in a combine and is looking at the results to see how he compares to the field. We aren't looking for big numbers .... we are looking to see how he did against the 330 players that competed in the same conditions. It's an evaluation of his workouts and training. What he does in the off season, camps/combines/events will prepare him for the season. In the off season ALL we have is training and camps/combines/events ... when we have real football, we won't care about theses results.
I like that he is anxious about the results ... He competes in all he does ... in the classroom, on the field and in camps/combines/events .. he wants to win. I don't mind him putting his focus on the results, as he will do the same anytime on the field. They are a fill in until the season and we have Friday Night Lights to film... that's all.
I look forward to seeing how he did. Thanks.

The results are not quite complete, but I did just come across his. He did well; without having all of them in the spreadsheet, I can't tell you how he did specifically against running backs but he did fairly well overall against what I've seen so far. Had the top vertical jump that I've seen so far, but again, results are not complete. His 40 will end up being among the top ten in the combine (I think). I only saw maybe two that were faster. There is another running back that I have not come across his card yet that will have good numbers as well.

I apologize for results being late but I couldn't risk putting out results that may be incorrect.

And when I DO release them, they will only be released by "competition number" without the names. You'll still see their position.

The results are not quite complete, but I did just come across his. He did well; without having all of them in the spreadsheet, I can't tell you how he did specifically against running backs but he did fairly well overall against what I've seen so far. Had the top vertical jump that I've seen so far, but again, results are not complete. His 40 will end up being among the top ten in the combine (I think). I only saw maybe two that were faster. There is another running back that I have not come across his card yet that will have good numbers as well.

I apologize for results being late but I couldn't risk putting out results that may be incorrect.

And when I DO release them, they will only be released by "competition number" without the names. You'll still see their position.
Thanks Coach ... I don't mind the competitive numbers only .. No one wants to possibly embarrass one of the kids ...
I also went back in my files and want to apologize for my statement regarding the results always being late. You always (last two years) have had most if not all of the top results out within a week. I don't know what I was thinking of, unless it was the complete results. Sorry. Maybe it just seemed like forever ... like a kid waiting on Christmas.

Rivals, VTO, FBU and Nike Sparq all release names. You perform how you perform, your capabilities are what they are. The idea is for the kids to know where they stand among their peers, they are going to know where they stand among numbers...

Rivals, VTO, FBU and Nike Sparq all release names. You perform how you perform, your capabilities are what they are. The idea is for the kids to know where they stand among their peers, they are going to know where they stand among numbers...
The others allow a player to "Scratch" a result if they have a bad event to prevent any negative feedback. I'm a firm believer that you don't scratch any results. All players have good and bad days and the coaches know that. I want them to know what they are getting with the highs and lows.
The names don't matter to me very much, as long as I know who the skill players are ... he can see where he stands among the RB's ... I don't want to compare him to O-D Linemen as it's not a fair comparison. It would be nice to be able to see his team mates results as there were six SF players at the combine. I guess he could ask them for their numbers.

I release names among the top contenders at each position. That's good enough for a player to know where they stand.

In terms of the numbers, what difference does it make whether you know another competitors' name or not? It doesn't. All you need to do is see what the scores of the other guys at your position are and where you stand. Whether the guy at the top is named John, Joe, or Al makes no difference.

The truth of the matter is, you're not competing with anyone except yourself on these events. The most important results in a combine are YOUR numbers as an individual. You have no control over what Jimmy or Joe run the 40, Shuttle in or how high they jump. ALL you have control over is how much harder you can work to improve your numbers. Don't focus on the things you have no control over. Focus on the things you DO have control over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT