ADVERTISEMENT

Pitch count

Aug 20, 2002
Thoughts about a kid throwing 105 pitches last night in a pre-season tourney game??? Only had one prior scrimmage.

Thoughts about a kid throwing 105 pitches last night in a pre-season tourney game??? Only had one prior scrimmage.

Wouldn't that be a regular season game since games started last Friday? Anyway in the first game out the season I would limit my pitchers to 60-75 pitches.

But here is the thing....what classification is this team....1a 2a 3a 4a. Is this kid have a college future or committed. Reason I ask these questions is because......and in no way defending this.......if the kid is not going to play in college and it is a smaller school/the best pitcher the team has he is going to throw 105 pitches all the time. I have heard players say to their coach i'm not going to play in college....I am the best we have ride me till my arm falls off.

But even if he is your best pitcher you don't want to use him in the cold weather and this early in the season. Not Smart!

Good points. This kid has a chance to play in college. Was running it up there 84-85 consistently with a nice hammer. New to his school so I don't know much background. Have seen a lot worse pitch in college for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT