ADVERTISEMENT

pre season rankings on SCMAT

maybe not about specific teams but regions 2 and 8 in 4A on paper seem to be the toughest. regions 1 and 4 in 4A seem to be pretty slack. this is just looking at how many returning SQ's these regions have.

tough to make individual predictions since some of these kids may very well have blown up since march.

On paper the toughest weight classes in 4A seem to be 106, 113, 170, 182. That's just giving it a quick glance.

138 looks tough in the top 3 but the bottom 3 didn't even qualify for state last year so tough to really get a good vibe on that group.

132 and 160 seem to be less competitive on paper at this point in the year.

Eastside and Emerald ranked 1 and 2 in 3A respectively. Should make for an entertaining region dual.

I like how 3A lower received absolutely no love from the coaches with the top 5 in 3A all being from the upper part of the state.

2A-1A Looks about right. Going to be interesting though with a few transfers over this summer. I think im right but Dylen Byerley came from Indian Land to Nation Ford (4A) i will tell you now the kid is very good. Good catch for NF but a tough loss for IL that has some very good wrestlers but seems to have trouble fielding a whole team at times.

Chesnee 126 2x state placer went to a region rival (2) Liberty. He will help with the loss of some of there studs due to graduation.

I also seen in 3A the Bush kid from Dreher went to Cardinal Newman...hate he won't get a chance to wrestle for a state championship. It will look good on the resume though winning 1st...there just won't be any competition for it though. You just hate to get a bye to the finals in something like that but o well. Im sure he is getting a better education there and that's what counts in the long run.

I may have missed one or two but im still scanning through the rankings.

I wasn't surprised to see Dorman at the top in 4A because there coach is outstanding. I would like to see those guys take it all but it's a loooong season.

I also heard Cervanka wasn't wrestling this year bc of football....is that true? If so sad for wrestling but good for Clemsuck.

I agree with the coaching at Dorman but having 5 Seniors that were SQ's last year doesnt hurt.

But Hillcrest at 10? Lexington at 9? Well at least the ball is rolling

ADVERTISEMENT