ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the Posters/Coaches - TOP ASSISTANTS

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
Guys, we always give credit to the top head coaches around the state and what a great job they do, but we also all know that you're only as good as your staff.

Who are some of the top Assistant Coaches around the state - whether it is coordinators or just position coaches that excel in what they do?

I want to start spotlighting some of these guys to help give them some exposure.

I'll start with a couple:
Westwood DC Nick Pelham - love what this guy does with his defensive scheme

Lexington DC Will Newel - this guys is as passionate coaching as he was a player; going to make a great head coach one day.

Jimmy Woods OC at Cross High School! Great Oline Coach!

Denario Smalls DC at Cross Great DB coach! Thanks for starting this!

Im not as knowledgeable on this as most of the posters but i have to name stacy bell at brookland cayce. I would assume he's next in line for the d-coordinator spot there, but he's also been a great d-line coach and strength and conditioning guy.

Justin Crocker OL/OC at Lexington. He pushes the OL hard but the guys love him and would run through brick walls for him.

Lee Garner-palmetto
Wade Cooper- Dorman
Matt Haley-Westside
Ryan Masters-Woodmont
Brian Mahan- Georgetown
Yon Radford- Seneca
Bryce Nelson- JL Mann
Jabo Burgess- Pickens

I would have to disagree with one of those red raider. Not gonna say his name but I know he was a HC one time and went 0-32 during a span. And have heard its not much better as a coordinator. Only reason he is where he's at now cause a couple others turned it down and they just needed to make a higher

Find a place that has double figure wins every year & you'll find a place that has really good assistants.

Not NEARLY as funny as you creating an account to jab at him....

o_O

Now THAT is funny.....

;)

A name that comes to MY mind is Marty McIntire.

He's the DC for Dillon, I do believe. Although, many coaches say it doesn't take a rocket scientist to have a good defense at Dillon, you point towards the field and get out the way. But that fella has been through a lot in his life and has done pretty danged well everywhere he's coached. I would assume he will be a head coach again one day, if that's what he wants....

He's the DC for Dillon, I do believe. Although, many coaches say it doesn't take a rocket scientist to have a good defense at Dillon, you point towards the field and get out the way. But that fella has been through a lot in his life and has done pretty danged well everywhere he's coached. I would assume he will be a head coach again one day, if that's what he wants....

Always thought he'd have won a bunch @ Marion had the situation been right.

A great person.

Jason McManus at South Pointe. Former college coach of 15 years. The Stallion offense broke every school record the last two years. QB threw for 3,187 Yards, 34 Td's and 1 Int.

That 1 INT is such an amazing stat, that everytime I see it, I do a double take. Not sure I've ever seen a line like that with his number of attempts.

Mad props for that...

;)

Some very good assistant coaches on staff at Daniel. Also, Crocker at Lexington a really good one as well. Winstead at SouthPointe. Page Wofford at Northwestern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT