ADVERTISEMENT

Region Standings

Mar 20, 2017
I know a lot of regions are wrapping up this week and early next. If you have an update on your region standings, post them below so everybody can see. It is fun to start looking and placing the playoff brackets!

Region 4-5A
1 Clover
2 Fort Mill
3 Nation Ford
4 Rock Hill/Northwestern. Rock Hill won 1st meeting. Play tonight or early next week

The 4A group becomes a lot more exciting with the new alignment this year. The 5A group is the same, and probably less, removing potential smaller upstarts from the mix.

Glad the smaller (last year4A) teams have a chance for a real championship. And last years top 3A dogs get more of a fight in 4A.

Really good for softball, yet takes a small amount away from the big 5A group.

Now we have two great groups to watch 5A and 4A for championships.

Region III-5A .... BS #1 ... Byrnes #2. Not sure how new Tourney works. Tough travel for some.

Reactions: NA_JACKET
5A Region 5

1. White Knoll
2. Lexington
3. Dutch Fork
4. River Bluff
5. Blythewood
6. Spring Valley
7. Irmo

White Knoll has clinched and owns the tie breaker with Lexington. DF and Lex could end up tied for 2nd. River Bluff and Blythewood could end up tied in 4th. SV can sneak into the 5th spot with a win at Blythewood on Monday.

Monday (or Tuesday) will decide the final standings in this group. 6th seed will have to petition for an at-large bid.

That is the region which is most troublesome. Region IV. Super tough to play against. Again, don't know how new Tourney works. But to travel there is a problem. Glad to be home.

I feel like these playoff brackets need to be looked at. why does a team with 8 region losses and only 4 region wins need to be in the playoffs?? so they have to travel 2-3 hours to get their tails kicked----not good for either team!

I'm pretty sure this is Region V-AAA
1. Gilbert
2. Strom Thurmond
3. Swansea
4. Edisto

2 and 3 could be switched, but I know Gilbert won it.

Some regions are just really weak and then some play weak out of region teams but are terrible. So it can go either way

Reactions: NA_JACKET
I feel like these playoff brackets need to be looked at. why does a team with 8 region losses and only 4 region wins need to be in the playoffs?? so they have to travel 2-3 hours to get their tails kicked----not good for either team!

Nations Ford was the 16th seed in boys lacrosse and has pulled 2 or three upsets, including beating #1 seed at Dorman. This time of year, anything can happen. Let the kids play. I do agree 2-3 hours on a school night is not beneficial, but neither are schools unwilling to move a game on Saturday due to prom or unwilling to play at a earlier time. Play

Reactions: BulldogZ91
I agree with you 100% it sucks some ladies have to choose bc some schools are just so stubborn and will not work with others like for prom. But karma is a b****.

Reactions: lovetocatch16

I respectfully disagree. Some of these teams breeze through easy regions and come up against lower finishing teams from tougher regions and get beat. It happens all the time. Plus, any chance they get to be on the field is a benefit. A stronger team can work in role players they may need if they make a run deep into the playoffs. It's also a good learning experience for a team like ours that has never made the playoffs. Good luck to your team and all the others that made it! A new season starts tomorrow!

Well, for what it is worth...some of the best memories will come from those 2-3 hour bus rides, regardless of the outcome. It is the little things they will remember forever. Not saying it is right or wrong but just pointing out a positive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT