ADVERTISEMENT

Scores for North vs South

Jan 31, 2013
1a/4aaaa north beats south 3 - 0

2aa/3aaa notth beats south 4-0

Match up for tomorrow's game are south against south and north against north

Just based on the second game last night Winthrop was the big winner . Winthrop signee Ashley Westbrooks (of Chesnee) had a home run and double off USC signee Cayla Drotar , and then another Winthrop signee , Ansley Gilreath of Blue Ridge, had a home run later in the game . Back a few years ago I recall looking at the Winthrop roster and half the team was from Canada , but they seem to be signing many more from the Carolinas these days .

Just based on the second game last night Winthrop was the big winner . Winthrop signee Ashley Westbrooks (of Chesnee) had a home run and double off USC signee Cayla Drotar , and then another Winthrop signee , Ansley Gilreath of Blue Ridge, had a home run later in the game . Back a few years ago I recall looking at the Winthrop roster and half the team was from Canada , but they seem to be signing many more from the Carolinas these days .
You are being to kind to the old Winthrop. There were years when it should've been team Canada. I like the effort they made instate. Gilreath and Westbrooks will help them immediately.

Reactions: lovetocatch16

Cayla Drotar was dealing with a sore knee and back strain from 18U ASA National Qualifier (which they won) last Sat & Sun. She collidaded with Mia Davidson on a ball hit up the 1st base line and close to the plate and mound. Just quick and hard charging girls trying to make a play. Drotars knee drove in the ground and she then bent back when the catcher and her collidaded. Kudos to her for coming and playing, she felt she owed it to SC softball to attend.
During the All Star game her velocity was showing 58-60, off from her normal speed.
Good sportsmanship by Dexlie Inman going to Cayla on second base after Drotar hit a double asking her if she was ok becasue she noticed she wasn't up to par.
Westbrooks did a great job of hitting the pitch that went out and siting back on a change up for the double. Gilreath hit her homerun off another pitcher and was very happy for her to show her power. Two talented kids who will definetly help Winthrop.

Don't leave out that Ashton Martin did a good job on the mound as well.

Folks -- we need to get past using wording like "had a home run and double off USC signee Cayla Drotar". This is why folks have a hard time with this forum.

This isn't meant for back lashing or hard feelings just talking on the forum.. :)

Reactions: BS100
Cayla Drotar proved her worth multiple times, on both sides of the field, by winning a SC State Championship, as the starting pitcher, twice. Once as a freshman, and the glorious topping as a Senior.

During her whole career, she was one of the top home run hitters in the whole state. She is the complete package.

Being said, her handlers are the ones responsible for her care. Playing knicked up happens. The great players want to be on the field. When they do step on the field, they declare themselves ready to play. After the fact, the really great ones as Drotar is, will not blame her body condition.

Maybe she should have backed her game down a little, given her condition, for what is really a show. It is not her call, but her handlers. She will find at the next level, with the excellent group she will associate with, it will be hard to get the field with the same physical circumstance. Or hide it really well.

Being great carries great responsibility. Part and parcel to that is respecting players who get the best of them, that day. Which from watching Drotar, she does. So I am not buying a position that a hitter won because of .......? Hitters get banged up too.

Of course, the players who came out on top are going to remember it as a triumph, and feel good when it is glorified. As they should.

Ladylightning, very nice story. A whole lot of meaningful thoughts were said in a short space.

Last edited:
Cayla Drotar was dealing with a sore knee and back strain from 18U ASA National Qualifier (which they won) last Sat & Sun. She collidaded with Mia Davidson on a ball hit up the 1st base line and close to the plate and mound. Just quick and hard charging girls trying to make a play. Drotars knee drove in the ground and she then bent back when the catcher and her collidaded. Kudos to her for coming and playing, she felt she owed it to SC softball to attend.
During the All Star game her velocity was showing 58-60, off from her normal speed.
Good sportsmanship by Dexlie Inman going to Cayla on second base after Drotar hit a double asking her if she was ok becasue she noticed she wasn't up to par.
Westbrooks did a great job of hitting the pitch that went out and siting back on a change up for the double. Gilreath hit her homerun off another pitcher and was very happy for her to show her power. Two talented kids who will definetly help Winthrop.

Don't leave out that Ashton Martin did a good job on the mound as well.

Folks -- we need to get past using wording like "had a home run and double off USC signee Cayla Drotar". This is why folks have a hard time with this forum.

This isn't meant for back lashing or hard feelings just talking on the forum.. :)

What wording would you like me to use ? Just reporting what made an impression on me in the first all-star game I've ever attended . I'm a big USC fan and a Cayla Drotar fan . Went to see her play three times in the high school playoffs and she hit 4 home runs and pitched great . That's good info that you posted . The main problem I see with this forum is that too many people only post when they get upset about something , so there winds up being more pissing contests than actual info about softball in the state .

Reactions: NA_JACKET
What wording would you like me to use ? Just reporting what made an impression on me in the first all-star game I've ever attended . I'm a big USC fan and a Cayla Drotar fan . Went to see her play three times in the high school playoffs and she hit 4 home runs and pitched great . That's good info that you posted . The main problem I see with this forum is that too many people only post when they get upset about something , so there winds up being more pissing contests than actual info about softball in the state .
Cayla should be used to that by now. It comes with the territory. If you are going to be a pitcher hopefully someone has told you already what to expect. If you are a D1 commit or signee its more of a story if a player hits one on you. Not necessarily a home run either. It could read Jane Doe has the 2 RBI off Cal Poly signee Janey Doe. The story is always bigger when their is a stud pitcher on the mound. Being a pitchers parent I would never say things that way but I can understand why others do it. I have been on here when it seemed like national news when Jury or Hoover lost a game. My own daughter had these things written and I let it go. Like I said at the beginning it comes with the territory. Great for Cayla that people see her as that stud people make a big deal over.

Cayla should be used to that by now. It comes with the territory. If you are going to be a pitcher hopefully someone has told you already what to expect. If you are a D1 commit or signee its more of a story if a player hits one on you. Not necessarily a home run either. It could read Jane Doe has the 2 RBI off Cal Poly signee Janey Doe. The story is always bigger when their is a stud pitcher on the mound. Being a pitchers parent I would never say things that way but I can understand why others do it. I have been on here when it seemed like national news when Jury or Hoover lost a game. My own daughter had these things written and I let it go. Like I said at the beginning it comes with the territory. Great for Cayla that people see her as that stud people make a big deal over.

Exactly . I would have reported who gave up the second home run but I couldn't even remember who it was . Now if someone would post something about the Thursday games I would appreciate it .

Reactions: NA_JACKET
Not sure what the exact final scores were on Thursday, but both 1A/4A teams beat their 2A/3A opponents respectively.

folks -- we need to get past using wording like "had a home run and double off USC signee Cayla Drotar". This is why folks have a hard time with this forum.

This isn't meant for back lashing or hard feelings just talking on the forum..

A forum is a place for public discussion.(your thoughts, my thoughts and their thoughts). I have a hard time with each and every little word being dissected and taken as a personal affront. That's what we all need to get past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT