ADVERTISEMENT

SCV bringing Baseball back to strong presence

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
This is something we have been working on for close to a year now. My desire is to bring baseball back to the level we were once at in the early through late 2000's. This means we are going to be doing all of the things in terms of coverage that we currently do for football. Our problem in the past has been having a true baseball guy who could execute the plan as I have done with football. We have found that guy.

In an effort to get this going right, I would like to know what YOU guys think of the message boards. At one time, we had a board for each classification. I consolidated those boards because the traffic on a couple of those boards was low and quite honestly, not worth the time it took to moderate multiple boards. Depending on the traffic/posts that we have, we may be going back to multiple boards.

Database is something we want to generate as we have done with football. That will be a three-pillar process. 1. we will need players to fill out the data sheets we have links to; 2. we will need feedback, scouting reports, etc.. from YOU guys, kind of leads that we can check out; 3. we will produce a Fall Baseball Showcase this November. Granted, it will be a pro-day format and NOT a game format event.

I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions, recommendations from you guys. Please email me at scvarsity@sc.rr.com so that I can hear your voice on this topic.

We have the ability to get these kids exposure as no one else does. We still do over a million hits a month on this site and are still the top high school sports site for South Carolina. Help us get the baseball kids the same exposure we are able to give the football kids through our affiliation as a Rivals.com/Yahoo Sports site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT