ADVERTISEMENT

SCVARSITY NEWS UPDATE

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
All of the Preseason Polls are up. We will go back to normal coverage with similar format to previous seasons.

So beginning tomorrow, here is a look at what to expect on the site:
MONDAYS - New Top Ten Polls and Monday Morning Quarterback Breakdown by classification
TUESDAYS - Players of the Week
WEDNESDAYS - Game Previews and news from around the state
THURSDAY - Games to watch with one liners
FRIDAY - Top Games of the Week, Every game prediction, Friday Night Feats.
SATURDAY - Baxter's Blitz (statewide) with recap and news from Friday night action.

As I pointed out a few weeks ago, my desire is to get as much free content out and make this site a FREE place to come get the content. We WILL have some premium things but probably less than 20% of the content will be premium. And the premium items will be things like Player Rankings, etc... that I have to put a lot of hours into from watching film, etc... All of that said, to go back to a FREE site as we were when I started in 1995, it will take the help of the community. So anyone interested in helping in that capacity, email me at scvarsity@sc.rr.com

OTHER ITEMS OF COVERAGE
  • Baxter's Blitz in the State Newspaper on Mondays and Thursdays is a "midlands version"
  • 107.5 The Game High School Segement on Wednesdays at 2:00 PM. This can be heard online at www.1075thegame.com or on the 107.5 The Game App
  • OVERTIME SHOW on WACH-FOX 57 in Columbia. This is primarily a Midlands show for the local Midlands market for FOX
  • SOUTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL SCOREBOARD SHOW on 107.5 The Game on Friday Nights at 10pm until Midnight. Scores from across the state, call ins, coaches interviews and game highlights live. This can be heard online at www.1075thegame.com or on the 107.5 The Game App
I am also in the process of closing a deal for a National radio show for all-things-football. It will be a 90 minutes show featuring high school football and recruiting, college football, as well as some NFL with a concentration on Fantasy Football. That deal should be closed sometime this week and if we get it done we could actually launch that show next week but worst case would be the following week. It will be a call in show, as well. If it goes well, we will take it to a 2 hour format. I will let everyone know the day of the week and time slot. it will start as a once a week show.

Again, I appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers and encouraging words during the recent events my family has suffered. Time for some normalcy! (or chaos, whichever the season brings).

ADVERTISEMENT