ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Camps

SButler

Two Year Starter
Jan 1, 2012
This summer my middle schooler has decided he wants to do the Purler Dream Season Camp (14 Days) and probably one of the Jeff Jordan camps also. When we lived in GA, several parents would group up for these camps and others to split the travel burden. Mine was too young at that time for that environment/commitment, but I have seen first hand and know several top kids who have benefited greatly from these camps.

Purler Camp is in MO, so if we had enough interested, we could do some group travel, a couple dads take the kids up and a couple pick the kids up and bring them back. 14 days with allot of drilling repetition and live wrestling with some of the best partners from all over the country. Great setting at a state park, so kids have some down time.

https://www.purlerwrestling.com/camps-clinics/camps/dream-season-camps/

Jeff Jordan Camp is a little closer in Ohio, and provides similar environment as Purler. Lots of drilling, technique and live wrestling with solid partners from around the country. Just not much down time.

http://www.jordantrained.com/weeklong.php

Again, I'm just putting it out there to see if there is any interest from others in the state. If there is we can look at trying to make the travel easier/cheaper on everyone.

Cary Kolat at Campbell University has a great intensive camp. And it's close by. Just in NC. Wrestlers actually drop out of this camp because it's so hard.

I'm not the bigggest fan of the "Intensive Camps".... I know everyone has their own preference, I am just a believer that technique focused, heavy drilling/repetitions, is the best format for off-season camps/clinics.

The 630 AM 5 mile runs , mid day stair runs, weight lifting etc I'm not worried about at summer/off-season camps, I just feel the conditioning and strength training piece can be done at home with kids high school programs, individual initiative.

Last edited:
Camden County Ga. has a great camp. all Americans as instructors and afordable

I am more than willing to run a camp this summer, however with the surgery and change of location I have not yet set dates or anything. I am behind the ball, but if enough interest is shown, or there are certain dates that are appealing to a group I can make it happen pretty fast!! We can do technique or intensive, and possibly both. If i can get some auggestions for the best dates as far as attendance and see interest id be willing to bring in another clinician as well and have already been talking to Ryan Morningstar, Daniel Dennis, Tony Ramos, Mike Zadick about their availability. I am sure the fargo camp will end up running out of my facility as well, as last year the kids even ended up sleeping and eating at my house.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT