ADVERTISEMENT

Taneyhill out at Union County

Know several Union people who are dancing in the streets over there right now...

I assume he will now apply for every open job in the state. Someone will land a fiery, bit of a braggard who has produced some pretty good wins and (although its been a little while) won state championships.

o_O

Any juice to the story?
All I heard was that they (district) haven't liked him for a long time and that the Super was his shield. When they let her go before Christmas, someone told me his days were numbered.

Union will be a good situation for someone. Good field of talent and a lot of community support.

It is amazing how some people don't understand the "good ole boy" system in some towns. If you are on a "good ole boy" boat and rock it, they throw your but into the water with no life jacket.

All I heard was that they (district) haven't liked him for a long time and that the Super was his shield. When they let her go before Christmas, someone told me his days were numbered.

Union will be a good situation for someone. Good field of talent and a lot of community support.

It is amazing how some people don't understand the "good ole boy" system in some towns. If you are on a "good ole boy" boat and rock it, they throw your but into the water with no life jacket.
That good ole boy system is alive in the upstate at a few schools. Make $100,000 a year and do not teach a class at all, only coach football. Your tax dollars at work,

I assume he will now apply for every open job in the state.

I bet he goes out of state. Nothing really attaching him here. Word of his personality & his "antics" have reached from the coast to the mountains now. Might be hard for him to land a gig he'd be interested in taking without being able to perform additional services like AD or teacher.

I bet he goes out of state. Nothing really attaching him here. Word of his personality & his "antics" have reached from the coast to the mountains now. Might be hard for him to land a gig he'd be interested in taking without being able to perform additional services like AD or teacher.

People said the said about Scott Earley.... he's employed in the state. Atleast... about the "antics" part.

:D:p:D

Earley is a certified PE teacher.

Um.... ok.... that's way I said "antics" from his post. You would have thought Earley burned too many bridges but he has a job. That was the reference from Tanneyhill's future... if there's a will to try and win, he will have a job.

;)

Um.... ok.... that's way I said "antics" from his post. You would have thought Earley burned too many bridges but he has a job. That was the reference from Tanneyhill's future... if there's a will to try and win, he will have a job.

;)

Just saying that being certified might help cover "antics" and pay way more than non-certified.

I heard Tannyhill is who Summerville wants.

The Summerville job is a teaching position and Tannyhill is not certified. Just because he applied doesn't mean he is the leading candidate. I know there is the USC connection between he and the principal, but I don't think he will be the next coach for the Greenwave.

...hard to even SEE your lips, with all that clown makeup on...

Just sayin'....

:D

There is NO WAY the Summerville underground wants Taneyhill and there is NO WAY he would work for them. The marriage would be so short it could get an unnulment instead of divorce.

So what you're saying is.....no mating would even happen?

Summerville's principal was Taneyhill's center at USC. Don't know if that would help or hurt Taneyhill's chances at getting the job if he wanted it.

Summerville's principal was Taneyhill's center at USC. Don't know if that would help or hurt Taneyhill's chances at getting the job if he wanted it.
The people with authority and power in Summerville do not hold titles in the school or district.

Principal is currently VERY influential. Son is a senior (shrine bowl) and as the principal, he has been as involved as any non-coach around. Daughter is still playing volleyball there as well. Previous long time volleyball coach moved on at beginning of his tenure. Newly hired AD served under him as an ass't while both working their way through middle school ranks. New baseball coach was basically put in place by him without other interviews. HE HAS INFLUENCE. With that said, I don't think he will upset the apple cart and make a change; too many of his close friends are on the current staff. Call will still be the coach.

According to the job posting, Call is not even eligible for the job.

"Candidates must posses...at least five years’ experience as a successful head coach with a proven track record of positive leadership."

He has only one year experience and it would be difficult to call it successful. I was told he hit the roof when he saw the posting.

Very interesting Guru. Will be interesting if that standard will be upheld or open to interpretation. Considering how the head volleyball and baseball coaching positions were handled, nothing will surprise me.

Will they hold to the 5 yr head coach requirement or use coaching experience in general. If referring to the other coaching positions, seems there was no real interview process or vacancy announcements.

ADVERTISEMENT