n e w t o n

Three Star Prospect
Feb 17, 2005
December 22-23

December 22nd
11:00 AM Start Time

December 23rd
8:30 AM Start Time

Come out and watch some great wrestling while you are on holiday break.

2014 THE COASTAL CLASH
Committed Team List

Ashley Ridge, SC
Baptist Hill, SC
Berkeley, SC
Bishop England, SC
Bluffton, SC
Boiling Springs, SC
Burke, SC
Cane Bay, SC
Cardinal Newman, SC
Central, SC
Chapin, SC
Clover, SC
Dutch Fork, SC
Emerald, SC
Fort Dorchester, SC
Fort Mill, SC
Garrett Academy, SC
Hanahan, SC
Hartsville, SC
Hilton Head, SC
Indian Land, SC
James Island, SC
Mauldin, SC
Military Magnet, SC
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Pinewood Prep, SC
Socastee, SC
South Pointe, SC
Stall, SC
Stratford, SC
Summerville, SC
Sumter, SC
Wando, SC
West Ashley, SC
Westwood, SC
Whale Branch, SC
White Knoll, SC
York, SC

Allatoona, GA
Chattahoochee, GA
Eastside, GA
Effingham, GA
Elbert County, GA
Holy Innocents, GA
Lassiter, GA
Mountain View, GA
Starr's Mill, GA
West Hall, GA
Woodstock, GA

North Henderson, NC

Brandon, FL
Merritt Island, FL

sure, drive to Charleston . sorry,the smartmouth in me could not resist that one.as the saying goes ,better to be a smartmouth than a dumbmouth (or something like that)

Hey Coach, is there a weight allowance or is it scratch weight. Seems like last year there was a 2-3 lb weight allowance
Thanks

Scratch weight
Last year it was a Friday/Saturday tourney so teams were wrestling on Wednesday/Thursday.

Now Woody....you really need to ask that question knowing who is there running the tournament software...of course there will be a live link. As a matter of fact, as soon as we receive the last 2-3 teams entries and seed each weight, the Preliminary brackets will be posted (hopefully tomorrow by noon). Of course, they are preliminary and will change based on scratches on Monday morning.

Currently have 55 teams and 565 wrestlers registered with 3 teams that usually carry full rosters to get their line-ups in. So we could be looking at over 600 wrestlers initially for the tournament!!!!

I will probably attend Tuesday's matches, my son broke his arm and will not be wrestling. It should be a great tournament.

Hey, has the link been established for the live coverage of the coastal clash? Can not attend, but would love to be able to keep track of my wrestlers progress. Please pass along the link when it is up and running.

http://openliveresults.escapesports.com/2014-OPEN-Standalone-2014_Coastal_Clash-1419265581.html#

This post was edited on 12/22 5:55 PM by GrnWave03

Originally posted by GrnWave03:
http://openliveresults.escapesports.com/2014-OPEN-Standalone-2014_Coastal_Clash-1419265581.html#

This post was edited on 12/22 5:55 PM by GrnWave03
Thanks, my son is working one of the scoring tables. So I got a little bit of info.

Just got back from day one of this outstanding tournament! Lots of great wrestling. Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. Great job on a well run tournament!

Originally posted by CFParent:
Just got back from day one of this outstanding tournament! Lots of great wrestling. Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. Great job on a well run tournament!
I will be there tomorrow. My son's team has 3 wrestlers left in contention.

Any update on when the finals will start? Hopefully 4:30 or 5:00 I'm trying to get there after work.

Sorry, they were scheduled to start at 2:30 PM and they did...finished at 3:45 PM.

Congrats to all the Place winners and champions.

Congrats to the top 3 teams, Brandon, Mountain View and Boiling Springs.

Congrats to the tournament MOW - 126 lb. Champion, Evan Carrigan of Westwood.

I know this is late but I have been busy since the tournament.

I wanted to thank a lot of people who made this event a huge success.

Todd Polly who ran the tournament software. By far the best money I have ever spent the past 3 years that he has ran our event. He is extremely good at what he does. I recommend anyone who hosts a tournament to hire his services. It is a huge relief to not have to worry about bracketing/bout sheets so you can focus your attention on other tournament matters.

Coach Wash from Cane Bay who provided plenty of mat table and head table help. 4 tables were operated on day 1 by Cane Bay wrestlers/staff.

Coach Tucker from Summerville who provided us with 4 score clocks to limit our expenses for renting from an outside company.

Coach Locke from Stall who provided us with 2 mats. The mat company could only fit 10 on the truck so we needed 2 more. The Stall wrestlers helped with the unloading process.

Our Hilton Head Wrestlers. We had 32 wrestlers stay 2 nights in the hotel to make this work. 12 of them were wrestling. The other 20 were working the event. Not once did I have to get on to them about anything. They showed up where they were supposed to when they were supposed to every day. (Sunday Set Up / Monday Wrestling / Tuesday Wrestling & Breakdown)

Our Hilton Head Parents who had to make the 2 hour drive to volunteer their time.

Our Hilton Head Assistant Coaches who worked their butts off making sure everything was working behind the scenes. There is a ton of stuff that needs to be done before, during, and after an event this size and they did it without ever complaining.

Head Official George Dixon who was in charge of bringing in the "ALL-STAR" officiating crew we had. You won't find a better group of officials in this part of the country working the same event. We had a total of 19 officials from South Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, California, Colorado, Georgia, Ohio, and North Carolina.

Finally I'd like to thank all the coaches, wrestlers, and fans who attended this event. Hopefully you enjoyed your time and hopefully we will see you again next year.

December 21-22, 2015
Charleston Area Convention Center
Mark it on your calendar now.

Mike Newton
Hilton Head Wrestling
mikenewton78@yahoo.com
This post was edited on 1/7 10:23 AM by n e w t o n

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT